Chapter Ten

Excuse all mistakes tysm!

"Do you even know what color you want your suit to be? Do you even know if you want a suit or a tux? Do you even know the difference?" I ask Eli standing in the middle of the store full of suits and tuxedos trying to help him, more than he's helping himself.

"No, to all them questions. I know what I like though." He says looking around.

Eli has been putting off looking for his suit forever so here we are now, on this good Saturday afternoon looking for it. The last Saturday before prom might I add.

"Okay, prom is a week away. You needed to have this stuff together like last month. Now your suit literally has to be perfect, cause you're not going to have time to be getting it tailored."

"Okay." He says walking off.

Now he wants to act like a child.

"Eli, do you like this navy blue and red suit?" I ask carrying it over to him.

"So now you wanna be my friend?" He asked with his arms folded.

"Stop being petty." I say smiling.

"Mhmm, but yea it's nice." He says picking up the jacket and pants.

"Okay, well hold that." I say walking off, him following behind me.

"Ohhh, this is the color of my dress." I say walking past a row of suits.

"I like that color." Eli says.

"Really? Well let's see what they have in this color." I say turning around going back to the suits.

"This one is cool." I say putting another suit jacket in his arms.

We pick up about ten different suits, all colors, and he didn't like any. He wouldn't even try on the tuxedos, cause he claims he didn't like them.

"Well, you're on your own." I say as we leave the shop.

"I'll come up with something." He says walking to his car.

"Hopefully, you can't miss your senior prom." I say walking to my car, that's parked right beside his.

"I won't, I'll wear my pajamas before I miss prom."

"You stupid." I say laughing.

"I'm serious though." He says coming to my car to open my door for me.

"I believe you." I say sitting in the seat.

"But foreal though, thank you for helping me today even though I didn't find anything."

"Ain't no thang baby." I say starting the car.

He laughs at that. "You so buddy, but you wanna go get something to eat?"

"That's cool." I shrug.

"Alright, well meet me at Buffalo Wild Wings up here." He says pointing in the direction.

"I gotcha fam."

"Alright." He says closing my door before I drive away.

I make the short drive getting to the restaurant in about three minutes.

Eli pulls in a few cars down seconds later.

I get out the car and wait for him to get out of his.

"Come on with your slow self." I rush him as he's putting his phone and keys in his pocket.

"Here I come with your fat self." He says walking a bit faster.

When he gets to the door he opens it for me, and we go inside. There's almost nobody else in the restaurant, it was shocking because it was about 1:00 meaning it's lunch time.