Chapter Thirteen

Two days later...

"Hello?" I answered my phone, as I walked to my car leaving school.

"I'm home T."  I heard Lamar's voice through the phone.

"Oh my gosh! I forgot you were coming home today! Where are you?" I asked excitedly, while getting situated in my car.

"I'm at the house now, but I'm bout to get out in a minute. Ima go get Liz from school, then you can meet us somewhere to get food."

"That's cool, just let me know where."

"Cool, I'll see you in a little bit."

"Okay, bye." I say before hanging up.

I head to Madisyn's house to drop my things off first.

"Hey Ms. Ashley." I speak as I enter the house and see her in the living room.

"Hey Tianna how was school ?"

"Its over. How was work?"

"Its over." She says shaking her head.

I laugh a little. "Well I'm about to head back out in a little while, I'll be back before it gets too late."

"Alright then honey, I'll see you when you get back."

"Okay." I say as I head upstairs to Madisyn's room, and put my backpack in the corner.

I go back downstairs, get a bottle of water, and head back out to my car.

As I start my car I get a text message.

Lam Lam: the baby wants to go to Logan's.

After reading the message I lock my phone and head towards the restaurant.

About twenty minutes later I'm standing outside the restaurant waiting on Lamar and Liz, how I beat them here I don't know.

Just as I was pulling my phone out to call them I see them pull into the parking lot.

I watch them park into an open space and we all get out at the same time, walking towards each other.

As they get closer, I can't help the smile that adorns my face seeing Lamar after like forever.

"Lam Lam!" I squeal excitedly jumping into his arms.

"Wassup." He says hugging me tightly.

"I've missed you bud." I say still holding on to his neck.

"I missed you too." He says letting me go a bit.

I unwrap my arms from his neck and he lets my waist go.

"So did Liz's crybaby self cry when you picked her up?" I asked side eying her.

"You already know." He says shaking his head.

"That's sad Liz. I thought you were cooler than that." I say shaking my head jokingly.

"Both of y'all some punks, now let's go eat." Lamar says opening the door for Liz and I to walk in first.

We were seated immediately in a booth, Liz and Lamar across from me.

"So, what's been going on?" I ask Lamar.

"Not a thing. What about you two?" He asks nudging Liz.

" I been chillin, she been chillin, we been chillin." Liz shrugs answering for the both of us.

"Cool. So what you got planned for your break next week ?" He asks

"I don't know, I haven't made any. I've been focused on prom, and that is all."