Chapter One

Tianna's POV

I woke up this morning to my alarm alerting me that it was 7:30 and time for me to start my day. Except today I didn't want to. Today should be an amazing day for me being it is my seventeenth birthday, but I know it won't. It is also the seventeenth anniversay of my moms death.

I know in my heart it's not my fault my mom passed, but it's hard to keep believing that it's true when the only family you have makes you feel that you are the reason your mother is dead. I know today my dad will make me feel like I don't exist. He's never said it, but he doesnt say much to me anyway. He won't say two words to me today, I probably won't even see him. Just like every year he will go off to god knows where and do whatever it is he does.

I wish my dad and I had a close relationship. I wish we talked everyday. Most importantly I long for that father-daughter relationship that every last one of my friends has. My dad doesn't abuse me, nor does he harm me in any way. He ignores me, he acts as if im not here, he acts as if he doesn't want me here. That hurts more than anyone could ever know. I don't have any other family, it's just myself and my dad.

I finally decided to start my day, I got up and walked to my closet to decide on what I was gonna wear. Though this day wouldn't be any more special than the next I still decided to try to dress nicer than normal. As I was looking through my closet I heard a knock on my door, already knowing who it was I replied "Come in."

Amanda our housekeeper came into my closet holding a gift. She's been working for my dad here for as long as I can remember and we've become really close.

"Hello, my gorgeous birthday girl!" Amanda exclaimed.

Amanda was a really pretty woman, and she was so sweet. She and my dad were roughly around the same age, her being 40 my dad 44.

I chuckled a bit at her excitement. "Goodmorning Amanda." I said with a smile. She walked closer to me with the gift stretched out towards me. "Here you go, I got you something I thought you may like." I took the rectangular box from her while nodding and smiling. I removed the wrapping paper and revealed a brand new phone. I looked up at Amanda, while smiling a little too hard to see her smiling as well.

I took a few steps toward her and wrapped my arms around her neck. "Thank you Amanda." She released me from the hug. "No problem girl, this gift was over due, you've had that stupid phone forever. " she nodded towards my old phone on my bed.

I laughed a little. "Yea, you're right."

"Well im gonna leave you to finish getting ready for school, just come down when you're ready I'll take you." Amanda says while walking out of my closet.

"Alrighty then." I say resting my new phone on the ottoman in the middle of my closet. Turning back I start to look for something to wear for today.

After searching for a minute I decide on a pair of black denim high waist pants, a navy blue long sleeved button down, my brown fur vest, and a pair of brown leather boots. I quicky got dressed, and finished getting ready.

When im done I grab my phone and my brown cross body bag  and place everything i'll need in there. I stuff the last item in my bag and im headed downstairs. When I get there Amanda is sitting at the island in the kitchen occupied by her phone. My dad isn't sitting having his bagel like he normally does, which doesn't surprise me. Like I said I probably won't even see him today at all.

"I'm ready Amanda." I say from behind her.

She turns around and takes a look at my attire. She grins. "You look so pretty T." She says calling me by a nickname she gave me.