CHAPTER FIFTEEN

A soft yellow comforter lay across her bare legs

A soft yellow comforter lay across her bare legs. Golden eyes watched the alarm clock eagerly, waiting for the hands to inch closer towards an acceptable 'waking' time. A slight chill hung in the air, signalling the end of summer, yet the young woman showed no sign of cold. Alabaster skin practically shone in the weak daylight as she swung her legs out of bed.

Just as her hand reached for the doorknob, she heard the sound of a startled gasp; the result of her sister waking from a dream. Moments later, an alarm came from the bedroom opposite hers. If there was one thing she didn't miss about sleeping, it was the panicked disorientation her alarm caused in the morning. Now, she had no need to set one.

Perfectly wrapped gift in hand (a skill she had possessed prior to her supernatural abilities), Anna glided across the hallway and pushed the present under the door.

"Happy Birthday!" Her musical voice greeted.

She received a grunt and a dull thump back as Bella threw her pillow at the door. Anna grinned, shaking her head at her sister. September thirteenth; the day that Annabella and Isabella Swan were born. Today, it was the date that they turned eighteen. Well, one of them did. And she wasn't acting too pleased about it.

Hurrying her way through showering and brushing her teeth, Anna was aware of her impatient twin waiting outside the door. She seemed particularly irate this cloudy morning.

"Finally." Bella grumbled when the bathroom door opened.

"Bells, I was in there for a total of two minutes." It used to take her at least twenty.

"Not a very fast vampire then," responded Bella, before slamming the door shut.

Anna heard the bolt slid across. Muffling her laughter, Anna merely shook her head at her sister's dark mood. With the remnants of human blood clinging to her tissues, Anna was the second-fastest of the Cullen clan. A fact that Bella was well aware of. Taking advantage of her speed to dress, Anna sneaked downstairs moments later in the hope that she could evade her father before he bumbled down for his morning coffee.

She was dismayed to find that he too had woken early in the hope that he could surprise his twins. On the kitchen table was two separate piles of presents that Charlie had attempted to arrange in some form of display. Smiling sincerely at her father, she promised that she would open them later as she was late for her 'before-school-study-group'.

Holding her breath, she allowed him to press a kiss to her hair and a brief hug. Wishing her a 'happy birthday', Charlie watched his daughter launch herself out of the door and wondered how she got to be so grown up.

•.•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•

Pulling up next to the silver Volvo that practically screamed 'Edward Cullen', Anna secured the car and bit back a groan at the sight of the hyperactive vampire stood behind her car. Even prior to her Turning, Anna and Bella had driven everywhere in separate vehicles as they often had different plans (aside from school). But, as the elder Swan took in the waving vampire, she found herself wishing that her sister was by her side so as to bear the brunt of Alice's overpowering joy.