D8

A couple months later

Laurent

I hear beeping and shuffling. I then hear sniffles and muffled voices. I felt someone gripping my hand tightly. I tried my best to grip their hand with the strength I had.

Larry: "Lau? You awake?" He said sounding hopeful.

Lau: "Mmmm, yes..." I said in a groggy voice.

I then felt him wrap his arms around me tightly. I groan when he suddenly put all his pressure on me. I wrapped my arms around him as I open my eyes slowly.

When I opened them I saw my siblings, the crew, Playmo, Maman, Laylah, my gf, and Melissa. I smiled at everyone as they gave me happy looks in there eyes. But I then noticed that I didn't see Lilo, I didn't see my niece.

Lau: "L-larry, where is she?" I said softly as he pulled away.

Larry: "Where's who Lau?" He asked confused for a moment.

Lau: "Where's... Where's Lilo, Larry? Where's your daughter? My niece. WHERE IS SHE?" I yelled as my eyes watered.

Which shocked everyone especially Larry. But he then looked away with a sad look. A pained look in his eyes..

Lau: "It's not true, it's not... She's ok, right? Maman.. Laylah.. Eleni?..." I said as I looked around the rooms for answers.

But no one seemed to wanna answer the question. So I asked the one person who I knew was gonna tell me the truth.

Lau: "Playmo, I know you'll tell me the truth. Right? Lilo's oki, isn't she? She's ok, right?" I asked choking on my words and tears.

He looked at everyone as if he was tryna stall. Like he didn't wanna say anything. Or he was nervous to say anything.

Playmo: "Uh, Lau... She's... She's gon my son. She's been gone for months now. " He said.

That's when everything went off. My brain went off, nothing registered anymore. My niece was dead because I asked to come back. I've been in the hospital alive and well while Larry suffered the loss of his daughter.

HIS ONLY CHILD...

I then looked at Larry with a blank look. But I wasn't looking at Larry, I was looking at Lilo. And I started crying hard. Harder then I've ever cried in years.

Lau: "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I said latching onto Larry.

Lar: "Shh, shh, it's oki. You didn't know. You were in a coma for a while. It's oki, Lau." He said as he got into the bed with me.

But I knew it wasn't alright. I knew he was hurting, we all were. Larry's just the most in pain along with Laylah right now. And it's all my fault if I didn't ask to stay it wouldn't be like this. I just wish...

Doc: "Excuse me, sorry to interrupt but I came to check on Mr. Bourgeois. Oh it looks like your awake." Said a female doctor.

I nodded my head slightly as I sat up. But still close enough to be leaning on Larry.

Doc: "How are you feelin'?" She asked me as she walked over to me.

Lau: "I'm fine, a bit thirsty and hungry and a little headache but I'm fine." I said not telling the whole truth.

Doc: "That's good, do you feel any physical pain?" She asked me as she checked for anything that might be symptomatic.

Lau: "N-.." I started

Larry: "Don't lie bro... I know you hurt." He said and I froze.

TBC...