Chapter 10

Matteo's POV
(Yesterday)

When I woke up I found Kyle sulking at the table and Vince casually drinking his coffee as if he hadn't seen Kyle— although I knew he had, and just chose to ignore him.

When Kyle saw me, hit eyes lit up and a smile appeared on his face, as if this way his chance, his second opportunity.

"No," I replied automatically, making the smile on his face fall for a moment.

"Will you come for breakfast," he said, obviously choosing to ignore me, as he hadn't had a chance to ask anything yet. "Vince said he won't go, and I'd rather not eat alone."

"Sure," I replied, not understanding why Vince wouldn't want to go.

"Yay!" Kyle cheers getting up from his seat at the table. "Alright, give me 10 minutes and I'll be ready," he says, jogging out of the room, truly reminding me of a teenage girl in some stereotypical movie.

"So, why wouldn't you go with him?" I asked, not seeing any issues.

"He wouldn't stop talking, so I said no. But now that you're here, I'll go. We have to stop by the hangout anyways," he said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Oh," was all I said, completely understanding where he was coming from. Kyle is a natural conversationalist, he thrives off having others around. But the conversing—the constant chatter, it was always worse in the morning. He is a morning person, and loved nothing more than to make up for the hours of talking that were lost while he slept.

___________

We had just made it to the diner and were just looking for the perfect seat.

Vince seemed to find it first as he walked to the back left corner with a booth in-front of the window.

I told Kyle I was going to the bathroom, before he made his way to the table, and I turned in the other direction. I quickly scanned the room for any signs and saw that it was just past the bar, and down a short hallway.

As I was walking forwards with my attention solely focused on where I was heading, I saw something shift in the corner of my eye right before I felt someone smack into me.

I reached forward to steady the person on reflex, and let out a chuckle when I saw glowing blonde hair.

"Oh sorry," she said, looking both startled and embarrassed.

"No worries, darling." I said, trying to get her to look me in the eyes, so I could have the conformation I needed.

When she finally looked at me, I knew I had seen this girl before. I was almost 100% certain, that this was Christiano's girl.

When she had regained her balance and a little bit of her confidence back after being stunned from the minor collision, she tried to make a joke to fill the silence.

"Thank god neither of us had drinks I guess or this would have been a little more cliché," she said with a small smile on her face.

"No kidding, then I would've had to have given you my number or something, and I can't quite do that." I said back with a smirk, just think what Christiano would do if she had my number. I wanted to test the waters and have a story to bring back to the guys, maybe even a little something to rile up Christiano. A little jealousy might just do the trick.

Granted he may kick my ass for having "gotten too close" to his girl, but it would be fun to tease him for a little while.

"I'm Amelia by the way, and unfortunately this isn't uncommon. I tend to have bad habit of walking into people, so, once again I'm sorry." She said looking slightly embarrassed again.