Chapter 12

(Kyle's POV)

A few hours ago, while we were all at the warehouse, Alonzo suggested going to one of our clubs for a night out to let loose and take our minds off the stress of gang business. It was Friday after all, and we could all use a night to drink and have fun.

At first, Vince and Christiano were the only two against going. Christiano disagreed because he always feels like he has to be handling business, especially when a problem is on the horizon, and Vince is just antisocial in most situations. A really 'Danny Downer' if you ask me.

But after some convincing that they'd both have fun, and since it's our club they could go somewhere quiet if they needed to, they both agreed.

When I got home, I got the great idea to invite Amelia, it would definitely cheer up Christiano when he saw her. It's been a week since we told him we had breakfast with her, and he's been in a bad mood everytime anyone mentions her since.

No one can figure out why, so I'm assuming he is missing his blonde haired beauty, so I grabbed my phone and clicked call on her name.

She answered on the second ring, "Hello?" She said, as her face came into view.

"Heyyy girl, whatcha up to?" I asked, suddenly noticing the arm behind her head and the guy sat beside her.

"Nothing, I just got home from work. Why, what's up?" She asked, completely ignoring the guy beside her. 

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the bar with us tonight? You can bring your friends if you're interested," I said, excited at the idea of going clubbing, and hanging out with someone who matches my energy.

"Umm, I'll need to —" she started to say before the guy beside her, cut her off.

"Sure, we'd love to. Thanks man," the guy responded, leaning closer to her so I could get a better view of him. I was starting to think is wasn't going to end as well as I hoped it would.

Amelia looked at him with a look of disbelief and annoyance, "the invitation wasn't for you Seb, you're not invited," she finished with a taunting smile. Was she flirting with him, or was she just taunting him? I couldn't tell.

"Aww, come on, it sounded like an open invitation and someone's gotta keep an eye out for you, so whatcha say man? Can me and my buddy tag along?" The guy, "Seb" questions.

I was unsure how to answer. I know that if there is another guy hanging on her tonight, Christiano won't be happy with this plan like I had hoped. But if it's one of her friends, I did say they could come.

"Ya sure man, open invite," I decided being friendly, when suddenly I realized I never heard Amelia's answer. "So whatcha say girly, you in?" I asked again, just as excited as the first time.

"Alright fine, I'll see what my friends are up to too, and then maybe I won't have to see my brother or his stupid best friend all night," she said the last part staring at the guy beside her, who faked offence.

"Don't worry, princess, I'll save you a dance," he said with a wink before getting up and disappearing from the frame.

Rolling her eyes at him, she turns back to me. "So when and where?" She questioned.

"10'oclock at Prima Del Vita, you know that bar off 72nd? Also, how was that? Don't hold out on me now," I said jokingly, but deep down I was worried I she had a boyfriend and my best friend would get hurt when he sees them together.

"Sebastian, one of my brother's friends. He just likes to be a problem. I'll try and ditch him before the club," she explained chuckling.

"No worries, everyone is welcome. A few drinks can make even intolerable people tolerable, if need be," I replied laughing, but feeling a huge sense of relief wash over me. My plan could still work.