Special Chapter: Elimae's Unsaid Words

"You will be my first and last too..."

Out of all the promises that I told you, this is the only one that I'm able to keep. When there's someone who would like to get to know me, I push them away. I had the best time with you; no man could beat that.

If only I could turn back the time... the time where I was inside the comfort room, hiding behind the door and heard a group of girls talking shit behind me. The words that they threw at me affected me.

The demons inside my mind kept telling me that you only loved me because I was young and naive... That you would leave me once you felt satisfied... That we weren't meant to be together, and I was the only option you had.

Those girls won. My demons won. I was so afraid that it was all true, so I pushed you away. I could take the torment of leaving you better than the other way around.

And I regret it.

My mind made you an enemy. If my heart was stronger than my thoughts back then, would things be different? If I fought back, if I told you the truth, if I was more mature, or if I asked for your help, would our relationship last?

All these what ifs... but no answers.

A decade has gone by without you, but I'm still here, stuck with our past. I couldn't move on. I couldn't leave. I know that you have already found someone else. And I'm aware that you have a loving wife and beautiful kids.

After all these years, I couldn't forgive myself for what I did to you and your family. I'm the one to blame. Can you please help me take this guilt and pain away?