Three

The period that followed art was simple; Computer Applications. I excelled in the class, mostly because I have beyond advanced skills in that field. Compared to humans anyway.

After Computer Applications I was sent to physical education.

"Alright, now is RJ Slen here?" The teacher asked as I entered the gymnasium.

"I am." I walked over to the teacher. He stared at me in an odd way.

"You got a fashion show to get to pretty boy?" The other boys laughed obnoxiously.

"No, sir." I said, trying to hold my temper.

"Well, you can't wear a suit in gym class. Do you have any shorts? Maybe a T-shirt?" He asked. I looked around, and felt my face become warm.

"No sir."

"Really?"

"I do not own any 'shorts', nor do I own any 'T-shirts'." I responded politely. He gave me an angry look.

"If you wanna be smart with me, you can be smart with the principal too." He snapped. What is a principal? What does he mean? I was trying to give him an accurate answer! I calmed myself quickly, and tried to re fraise.

"Sir, I did not intend to offend you."

"Well you did. We'll talk after class, go sit on the bench." He pointed to a set of bleachers. I sat down and watched the class. The teachers split the boys and girls into mixed teams, where they were to try and hit the opposing team with 'dodge'-balls. Father was right: humans are ignorant.

When class ended, I waited for the teacher to come speak with me. Finally he sat down on the bleachers beside me.

"Today's your first day, right?" He asked.

"Yes, sir."

"Well, lemme give you some advice." He drew in a breath. "First off, don't come off so... smart. When you act overly intelligent, people get offended. Instead, you gotta be casual. Not too casual, but a little more casual. You gotta know how to take a joke."

I nodded slowly, trying to comprehend what he'd said.

"Now RJ, you've got to have other clothes, right?"

"No."

"What do you mean, you wear the same thing everyday?"

"I have more than one suit, sir."

"Well RJ, you must change clothes for gym class, so would you like to buy a school uniform?"

"Yes, sir."

"Great. Now would'ja stop calling me sir?!"

"What should I call you?"

"Mr. Yale will be fine."

"Goodbye Mr. Yale." I left, and was late to my last class of the day.

My ninth period was an interesting one. It was called chorus, and it was taught by a Ms. Brawn. In chorus, you are instructed to sing. When I walked into the room, I found that the class mainly consisted of girls. There were only two other boys there, and both of them gave me odd looks.

"Hello there! Are you the new student everyone's buzzing about?" Ms. Brawn asked.

"Yes."

"What's your name hon?" She asked.

"RJ Slen."

"Okay RJ, why don't you stand with Toby and Earl, and try to follow along." I did as she said, but I was confused again, just as I was in art class. Once the final bell rang, I left the building, and began to walk home. On my way home, Carol Huber stopped me.