Chapter 20

The headless body of the High King slumped to the ground causing a small tornado of dust before it settled. He could feel Jimin's gaze on him and he turned away from him. He didn't know what to expect. He had just killed someone right in front of him, what would he think of him now?

Just as he was about to run away, a loud gust of wind swept through the open space, it wrapped itself around the seperated body parts of the alpha King and started to swirl. It whipped bits of rocks, fallen trees and other stuff on the floor into the air and swirled them right along. Taehyung watched, transfixed as the wind became faster, completely covering the body and head. It became so turbulent, that it was hard for him to keep his eyes open. He heard Jimin calling for him and he took a few steps back, shielding his mate from the intense force of the wind while covering his own eyes with his front paw.

When the wind cleared, Taehyung blinked his eyes open. He looked around the open space, but everything was back to the way it was, with one noticeable exeption. The body of the High King was missing. He looked around some more but it was gone.

"It was taken up into the sky. They came down, and took him." Jimin whispered, voice hoarse, stroking his fur.

Taehyung felt like he was whole again as Jimin's voice sank deep into his soul. He felt his whole frame shake as his now humongous Wolf hit the ground. The earth shook for a few seconds before it stopped and Taehyung started to shift back into his human form. He didn't had any choice. His body and mind were exhausted.

He felt Jimin's fingers glide through his hair and he merged himself fully with his mate. He felt his balance becoming itself again as he and his Wolf got soaked in their soul. He closed his eyes and let himself into Jimin's eyes.

He could see himself lying on the ground, pale as a sheet, panting for breath and eyes closed. Blood covered the whole frame of his naked body and some injuries were still healing. It seemed that the change in his Wolf, carried through the human form because his brown hair, had now a wide white stripe down the middle that was longer than his brown hair.

"Ssh, it's okay. You rest up Taehyung." Jimin continued to stroke his hair. He was way too tired to move any of his body parts nor to talk to his mate so he sent his question directly into Jimin's mind.

Are you okay? You're not hurt are you? Even in his mind, his voice was slurred with tiredness.

I'm fine Taehyung. You need to rest. Don't worry, I'll keep the link open. He smiled to himself as he gave the link over to Jimin. Now instead of him being the one holding himself inside Jimin's mind, Jimin was the one doing it.

Just as he was about to fall into unconsciousness, a vicious black Wolf leapt into the open space. Taehyung tried to move to defend Jimin, but Jimin had already shifted into a Wolf very similar to the alpha King. The only exception was, that he had a stripe of deep brown fur down his back to the tip of his tail that was longer than the rest of the fur on his body. The last thing Taehyung saw before he passed out, was Jimin launching for the obviously derenged black Wolf.

***
Man, they can't catch a break now can they...

But the alpha King is dead, applause to Taehyung 👏👏

Who do you think that black Wolf is? Let me know in the comments 😊 and maybe you are right.

Curious about the next chapter?

Stay tuned and beautiful! 💜

Peace out ✌️