Chapter 5

"No, thats all on you-" i stopped myself, she's just drunk, i take a deep breath. "I'll call him." I say leaving the room.
____

Comment!

Maya's Pov

I knew my mom didnt need money for credit card bills, thats always covered, she just needs money for alcohol, weed or whatever the hell she does. My dad locked the bank account that they shared away from her. One time she maxed out on $10,000 for who knows what. The only time she's allowed to go in the account is to buy the things she that she needs and stuff to help her get better but she refuses. She's just high....like all the time. I remember when everything was perfect. My mom was always around cooking, the smell through the house smelled so good, dad used to come home from work right on time for dinner, Mason came from baseball practice, while i came from cheer. We would all sit at the table like the big happy family that we were. Now those we're happy times.

My mom wasnt into drugs or alcohol. When my dad had an affair with Andrea's mom, my parents tried to rekindle but it didnt work out and he ended up marrying Andrea's mom. My mom started to drink heavily, then everything happend with Mason, he didnt even leave a note. I wish i wouldve known he needed me, i swear i wouldve been there to help. Before he died, Andrea broke up with him. Yep they were a couple. She laughed in his face afterwards. It wasnt even funny. God i hate her so much, acting all innocent, playing the victim.

He wanted to join major league baseball, i was his biggest supporter he said. I was so horrible at pitching the ball, but i tried. In the end we just laughed it off and he'd call over some of his friends to help. Thats even if they we're his friends.

"Hello...maya?" My dad repeated. I had called him as soon as i left my mom's room.

"Um i need money for my phone bill, its over due." I lied, going to sit on my bed. I lied because if i said that my mom needed money, he'd just go on and on and on about how she doesnt need it unless she plans on going to rehab.

"How much do you need sweetie?" He asked.

"200"

"Okay i'll stop by on the way home and honey i was thinking maybe we could have dinner Saturday night. Just me and you and of course your mom, if she wants." He offered. My dad was a nice guy but i just cant shake off how he BROKE our family apart. I dont care if it was one and a half years ago. I lost everything, My mom, dad, and brother.

"Dad i have to go, just call me when you get here." I say hanging up the phone, throwing in across my bed, as i sighed. He's trying to make amends its just- i dont know how everything collapsed at once, its a mess.

Later that night

I hear a knock at the door, i go downstairs to see who it is, opening the door i was met with my dad.

"Hey honey" he flashes me a smile.

"Hi" i mumbled stepping aside

"Wheres your mother, i wanted to talk to her." He says pulling out his wallet and handing me $500. "The other 300 is for you to play around with, i know youve been working hard."

"Yeah thanks, she's upstairs" i say as he walks pass me and up the stairs.

I go to my room and finish up my calculus homework. Calculus was kicking my ass right now, but once i finished i showered and got situated in bed opening up my text thread.