Chapter 36

"Ladies and gentlemen everyone"
—-

Carina tried texting and calling maya after the assembly when maya practically stormed out the minute it ended.

Maya 🤍
C- Hey, where did you go?  -11:35
C- maya I'm getting worried, just text me so I'll at least know you're ok and not losing your mind somewhere -11:45

"You're okay.." maya told herself as she was standing in the bathroom mirror. It was the bathroom by the main office no one hardly ever went in that one because all kids ever did in a bathroom was skip and get high and who wants to get high by the main office and risk getting caught...

Maya heard the door open and started washing her hands, turning on the sink water, careful not to get her cast wet. She looked back in the mirror seeing carina appear behind her. She then felt the brunette slowly slide her arms around her waist. Their bodies now firmly pressed against each other.

Carina lowered her head onto Mayas shoulder. "It's okay to not be okay bambina" she whispered into her ear.

"I'm not okay...I'm not but I'm trying to be." Maya reached for a paper towel, drying her hands.

"What happened back there?" Carina asked.

"I saw flashbacks of what happened with Michael..I just thought I was passed that part" Maya turned around into carinas embrace.

"That's awful...but it's not something that goes away overnight" carina told her as she tucked a strand of hair behind Mayas ear. Maya nodded in response as carina held her tightly.

"We should get to class" the blonde suggested, her girlfriend agreed.

The rest of the school day went by very quickly, carina kissed maya goodbye as they were going separate ways. The tall brunette was walking towards her car until she heard a familiar voice call out her name, she turned around standing by her car door seeing lauren coming her way.

"Hi" the redhead greeted. Putting her hand on carinas lower back.

"Dont do that.." carina pulled away quickly.

"We should talk about what happened" Lauren suggested.

"There's nothing to talk about, I told you that cannot happen again " carina proceeded to get in her car.

"Well are you gonna tell Maya" the girl asked.

"Yes"

"Oh wow didnt know you had the balls.. go carina" Lauren sarcastically spoke poking the brunettes shoulder.

"She warned me about you" carina chuckled to herself. " I didn't see it at first but see now I do, the mischievousness in your eyes" carina was about to close her car door but Lauren stopped her.

"If you didn't have maya would you have given into the mischievousness" the redhead bit her bottom lip in hopes.

"There's is no 'if' Lauren..What happened was a mistake. It wont happen again. I'm not interested, you're gorgeous smart and funny but.. I wanted us to be friends, youre supposed to be my friend Lauren" they fell into a silence carina staring up at lauren from the drivers seat. "I liked us better as friends"