Chapter 34

She saw the way the blonde eyes lit up when the door opened but dimmed once she saw that it was vic again. She really wanted to see carina.
__________________________

Comment

Maya had been in the hospital for a week, some girls from the team came to visit, coach Wallace even came to visit but Maya still hadn't heard a word from carina, police and detectives were questioning the blonde girl left and right and ended up opening another investigation about the school shooting because it's possible other people are involved aswell as more kidnappings were thought to be connected.

Detectives made it clear that Maya would not be charged with the killing of Michael with the amount of evidence they have. The procedure was that maya and a guardian would go down to the police station and an attorney will ask maya questions, they will record her responses aswell as her given statement , once that's done the attorney will play the recording in court and they'd decide Mayas fate. If she's guilty they won't put her in cuffs,(she's basically still a kid and with all that she's been though) they'd read her, her rights and she'd be charged as an adult. But that wouldn't happen likely due to the situation.

It still had maya a bit tensed. The blonde had just got home from the hospital, everything was still sore but she was getting around just fine. The only thing that wasn't fine was her mind. Constant flashes of Michael printed in her head, unable to be erased.

"Maya?" Katherine knocked on the door, making maya jump. The door opened, "lyric is here to see you." Maya just nodded laying down looking at the wall. Katherine sighed, she hadnt heard her daughter speak in a week, let alone look a her.

"Hi.." lyric sat on the bed moving some of Mayas hair out of the way. Maya looked up at her, then back at the wall.

"I am so sorry this happened" lyric spoke to her, Mayas eyes started to tear up. "Here's my new number if you ever need me." Lyric went to Mayas desk grabbing a pen, writing her number down on paper. She put it on mayas night stand.

"Youre not alone in this and from what I see you have a lot of people supporting you and trying to help you in this..and you have me....just hang onto it for a bit, okay?" Lyric caressed maya cheek as the blonde nodded.

"Youre a survivor , you know that right?, never backing down, I could see in your eyes when I first saw you... anyway I'm heading to Tacoma for a few days.. I got in touch with my family and they want to see me then I'll be back to try and settle down." The woman told maya as the blonde nodded, lyric stayed for a bit keeping maya company until she had to leave.
-
Over the past week carina had been building up the courage to go see maya so she was currently standing outside the front door. When she was about to knock on the door it opened revealing a very beautiful woman carina had never seen before.

"Oh hi" the woman greeted trying to get by.

"Ciao" carina spoke with a small smile which made lyric stop in her tracks when she heard the accent and the use of language.

"Youre carina, Mayas girlfriend? I'm lyric, I was with her during the whole kidnapping thing" she said, carina gave her a very confused look.

"Wait you were both kidnapped?" Carina asked.

"Yeah he took 5 years away from me" she admitted.