chapter 40

Deja's pov 🦋

Two weeks later

     Nova and I were in her kitchen preparing food for those in need. I checked the oven to see if the cakes had finished baking.

I took it out, letting it cool, Ann did a mix the juice" so girls, how are you, everything going good y'all seem distant" she said, I told Anna everything he said, and she said she knew he always loved me and was sad that he lost his mother because she just imagine losing hers and that alone brought tears to her eyes.

"Yes mi good," I said, biting a piece of fry chicken, dis nice tasted like KFC chicken, nova is a bigger cook than mi so mi a learn from her.

"Nice, Deja Hunny start packing the food, Anna come on put uh foods class to use and do something" I chuckled lightly, and she sighed grabbing cover plates.

Her Mom walked out, "I called him several times and no answer he's at school he doesn't talk to anyone just stay to himself"Anna said, I feel really bad for him.

"Just give him some space, he needs this, Killian apologized to him and said he would give him anything he won't lack anything he would pay bills, his schooling, and any other thing, but he tell him fi leave n he no wah nothing fi do wid him"...

"Boy oh boy, so how him ago live him no have no money fi nothing," Anna said as we finished packing and ready to leave.

"I don't know I made lunch for him so I will ask Brandon to stop there to give it to him" she nodded, and we put everything in Brandon's car,

"So mummy weh you Tek mi fah, you have your cars you always a mek me drive you," he whines

"Yah mi personal chauffeur" she kissed his cheeks and mi n Anna laugh, going in the car.

...

After giving out most of the things we neva up a hill I was in my old community it feels different mi no miss it.

I told dem I was going to buy some water, then mi see Trevor right behind me following, and Anna right behind him she seh she no trust him.

I don't either no matter wah

My stepfather was in the bar, drinking rum, I turned to Anna outside in biker thighs, and yellow sunflower cropped top blouse, wid a yellow clog.

We did wear the same thing, mi no like too much reveling clothes but e place too hot, "mi can get a water deh please" I said, and the man recognized me," mi daughter" I back away, I paid the money"fuck off mi a no yuh daughter" then I left.

Dirty man

"Deja" the drunken man called out, Trevor stop him and he shouted, "Deja a yuh Auntie Deja, "drunk people talk the most shit.

Wah him seh?

I walked away and saw a little boy in my old community, I walked over to him, "hey are you okay".

"I'm hungry Miss, "poor baby, he's so little like bout 6 r 7 years old.

"Ok baby, Anna give me something please," I told her his foot as a cut on it"you remind me of my friend's brother he looks just like you," I chuckled I gave him my water, I had to feed him it.

"Thank you, Miss," he ate the rice and chicken, he wouldn't eat with Anna and Trevor watching so they got back to work.

No sah what a pickney fava Brandon.

"It's okay, do you know where mummy is love".his locs are so dirty, and the clothes look like he had been in them for a while now, "she said I should go look for my dad, she would be right back then I never saw her, so I don't have a mother" oh god, he's so young but he speaks well and he only trusts me it's the first time he's taking food from someone he told me.