Back into the swing of things

"Don't talk to him." Hitoshi growled into his phone "Don't text him, Don't even think about him, he's up to something and I know it's nothing good!" He paced in his room agitated, a large pinboard looming over him with villains littered across it with Izukus face in the centre "He's doing something with villains!"

"Shinsou?" Hatsume's voice responded through the speaker timidly "I think you're overreacting?" The general studies student snapped at his phone

"He has a book filled with B-rank villains and how they operate! Do you not think that's weird?!" The boy pointed at his evidence board even though she couldn't see.

"You know he's super weird, I'm kind of offended for him that you think someone so kind could ever do anything evil" Shinsou broke his anger for a second. Could Izuku do something villainous?

"B-But... he makes promises he can't keep! He's always out! Doing All Might knows what!"

"And? He has a life you know! For the guy who told me not to hurt his friend you sure are trying to do it yourself" The purplette groaned, hanging up his phone and throwing it at his bed in a huff. He always thought Izuku was an honest person. So what was he up to?

__________________________

Hatsume rolled over in her bed. It was comfy and seemed brand new despite how messy she got half the time with her machines, probably because of its lack of use. A small hum from the phone beside her served to alleviate her boredom as Midoriyas icon appeared on her notifications.

Midoriya:
Hey! Would you mind helping me look for a job sometime? Shinsou won't return any of my texts

:Hatsume
Of course!

:Hatsume
What kind of jobs?

Midoriya:
Anything that can keep me above the poverty line LOL

:Hatsume
I'll keep an eye out! Got any qualifications?

Midoriya:
Uhhhhh, I can take photos good? And write good? And draw good????

:Hatsume
Soooo nerd stuff?

Midoriya:
Hey!

:Hatsume
Kiddiiiiiing, I don't know what I can find like that

:Hatsume
I'll do my best!

Midoriya:
Thanks ever so much!
Gtg, got work stuffs to do!

:Hatsume
Np! TLL!

__________________________

Midoriya put the finishing touches on his new suit, the fabric was thinner than the previous suits however with summer around the corner he was sure thinner fabric was for the better.

"I need to take care of these things, it's like my third suit this month" The boy looked out his window, the cold evening air freezing every drop of water and glazing the streets with ice. No snow. As much as the greenette enjoyed the summer, he always seemed to love the winter months more because of how fresh and clear the air felt as he swung through the skies.

"DEKU!!"

Izuku paused like a deer in headlights before quickly rushing to hide his suit as loud footsteps were heard bolting up the stairs. Katsuki stopped infront of his door, Izuku having beaten him to it and cracked the wooden entryway ajar to peak his pale little face through.

"H-H-Hi Kacchan!" He blurted out, sweat dripping down his forehead "W-W-Whats up?" The blonde stared in confusion, tilting his head slightly like a dog to emphasise his mood.

"I have so many questions and I'm almost certain I don't wanna hear any of the answers." The two stared at eachother in silence until Bakugo began to walk downstairs "Clean up whatever mess you made virgin and come downstairs, one of your fucking bratty friends has showed up."

The secret vigilante made a move to pipe up, but just faltered in the doorway not quite knowing what to say without the confidence of his mask. He hurried back into his nerd cave, quickly hiding anything that could be linked to his superhero persona; putting his new suit in a shoebox and sliding it under his bed.

Deku promptly ran down the stairs, not bothering to question who came to see him or why. He reached the landing and passed the front door, emerging into the living-room to behold a golden haired girl in a U.A uniform. Midoriya paused.

"Wow, your leg healed fast huh!" She blurted out, her cat like eyes holding nothing but ecstasy at the sight of him. The boy was slightly unnerved.

"I-I'm sorry? I-I think y-y-you've got the wrong h-house?" Despite her knowledge on him, the only logical explanation is she simply got someone else's address mixed up with his.

"Wow you're a riot Izuku!" The greenette winced at his first name being used so informally, a faint blush spreading across his features "Oh! You don't remember me? It's me-" her eyes glanced down to her lap before flickering back to his face "Gwen! Gwen Stacy!"

Deku blinked.

"Um...I'm the girl who saved you from that car crash you were in?" He blinked more. Car Crash? Oh right, the excuse some strange girl told aunt Mitsuki-

His eyes widened.

He was in costume after the Shocker fight.

The fight that some stranger excused as a car crash.

His Spider Sense whirred to life, beginning to overanalyse her as he felt a sensation of dread overcome him. She was sat prim and proper, hair straighted beautifully with a black band blocking her fringe from cascading onto her pretty face. He had never seen her before and yet she felt so familiar. Familiarly dangerous.

The girl flashed a Cheshire grin "I just popped in to see how you're doing!"

The boy nodded meekly, leaning against the wall awkwardly "Yeah...the car crash..." Her smile continued, raising her hands to add quotation marks to her next words.

"Yeah, the car crash" a look of fear flashed across his face. Okay. She knew. Crap. He stammered, trying to somehow save his secret identity

"I-I can explain!" Gwen rolled her eyes, waving off his remark smugly

"No need, it's kind of exciting finally knowing who's under the mask!" The girl picked herself up off the couch, taking a couple steps towards him "Though I was expecting the indomitable Spider-Man to be more handsome than cute.." The vigilante averted his gaze

"I-I-I, um, Y-you-" the girl tilted her head at his stammering "You can't tell anyone!" He finally spat out, tentatively adding a "..please..." which made the girl giggle like a maniac

"Tell people? Why would I tell people when I could have you all to myself?"

________________________