But It's A Lie.

Kel's pov;;

I wish you could see this, SUNNY. The things I thought, as HERO let go of my head, a smile appearing on his face, as I stuffed an onigiri in my mouth. HERO quickly turned to face his Hero Sandwich, placing it in his mouth as he took a bite. I was happy that everybody gathered up. Is that bad of me? To feel happy about this when it's celebrating a death anniversary?

"Can I be excused?" I ask, HERO looking at me confused, giving a quick nod. "Great! I'll be back soon!" I say, pushing myself out of the chair, picking up the ends to my dress, walking to my room. I could still hear AUBREY'S snickering as she watched me walk to my room.

Hero's pov;;

It was unusual for him to exit with finishing his food, but at the same time, he might've wanted to change out of the dress, AUBREY was cackling her butt off. I look down at KEL'S seat, to see blood on it. In the shape of a cut. "Maybe it's just ketchup..!" I thought. Hoping it wasn't what I thought.

Aubrey's pov;;

I noticed HERO staring at KEL'S chair, so I look at it. "What's so interesting about it? It literally just has ketchup on it.", I say, HERO quickly turning his head to face me. "Y-yeah probably.. haha...",HERO sounded so uneasy, I didn't reply, just continued eating my meal. What was taking KEL so goddamn long?!

Nobody's pov;;

Everybody sat at the table in silence, without KEL there it was practically a party without drinks and music. That made the lunch very awkward, luckily KEL had just finished getting dressed, running down the stairs.

"I'm back guys!" KEL had said, noticing the uncomfortable atmosphere ,"Do I need to change into the dress again?" he asked in a joking tone. No reply. "Seriously what's with you guys-", he stops talking, noticing HERO staring at KEL's seat, which had "ketchup" on it. "Oh, uhm. I sat on a couple of rocks when I went out, and one of them cut my leg, well- more like my thigh-! I promise to be more careful!" KEL said to HERO, a sigh coming out of his mouth.

"Oh thank god it wasn't what I thought it was-",HERO said, AUBREY finally understanding why he was so panicked.

"Oh my- For fucks sake, HERO-! KEL is one of the happiest people I know, and he wouldn't cut himself! I've known him since I was little. I would know-", her getting cut off by HERO,"Yeah, but, he's my brother. I know when he's lying and when he isn't. It was simply a gut feeling. After what happened to SUNNY and MARI, I need to keep an extra eye peeled. okay?" he said in response.

"HERO, that wasn't just about you. We all lost two people we loved dearly. Especially you and KEL. You lost your girlfriend and KEL lost his crush.", AUBREY said, feeling tears well up in her eyes. As for KEL, a blush grew on his face, "Guys can we not talk about them right now-? We have guests-!" he said. But AUBREY continued. "And for me, I lost my best friends..!" she said, placing a hand over her heart, gripping her shirt. "But you don't see us not making the most of our lives. They would've wanted-", before she could finish, HERO started talking.

"So what? Now you're saying your feelings don't matter! SUNNY loved you AUBREY! And the same goes to you KEL! You actually got to spend time with him alone-! While I couldn't even catch MARI from falling off stairs-! You guys would've been so cute together-! All three of you.. But because I can't protect anyone..", he feels water streams coming down his face, his vision getting blurry. "But because I'm weak..and because I can't protect anyone.. They're-",his words start breaking up into little pieces, choking on his words," They're g-gone..",he said, as he hugged AUBREY and KEL.

"Uhm, maybe we can all hang out-",she caught her words and rephrased her wording,"Meet up some other time." ,KIM said, walking out of HERO's house, looking back to give AUBREY a hug, and whispering loud enough to be heard,"We aren't abandoning you, we're going to the park for now, see you soon.",then turning on her heel, leaving AUBREY and upset mess of emotions. Alone again.

Authors note!!;;

Thank you for reading today chapter! Summer break started for me, so I'll update this more! :D

I hope you enjoyed! Be excited for the nest chapter >:]

Word count ;; 782
End Date ;; May 29, 2022