The Misunderstanding

(quirkless AU) 

(3rd person POV)

we meet "Deku" or Izuku Midoriya. hanging out at home, when he gets a phone call. "Hello?" He speaks. 

"Hello, Izuku" the voice calls out.

"d-dad?" Izuku responds.

"I know it's been a long time, but I want to let you know I'm coming home for the week, Inko already knows but I wanted to tell you myself!" Izuku's dad replies.

"Wow really I can't wait" he says with a smile on his face. "it's been so long since he was in town"

"By the way I can't wait to meet your girlfriend Inko was telling me about!" His father says.

"Huh?" 

"d-dad what are you talking about?" Deku asks.

"don't be shy inko told me all about her" He starts to laugh.

"wait are you talking about u-uraraka?" Izuku asks .

"I believe that's her name yes I can't wait Inko always tells me how much you hang out, anyway Please have her over during my stay I'd like to meet her" He says before Hanging up.

"What the hell just happened?" 

"MOM!" Deku yells down as he runs down the stairs.

"Izuku what's wrong honey? are you hurt?" She starts to panic.

"Mom did you tell dad me and uraraka are dating?" Deku asks.

"oh that I'm sorry I should have told you, its just that I mentioned uraraka in a conversation a while back but he just assumed I meant girlfriend and honestly I thought you tow would have be together by now so I never corrected him, but I didn't expect him to visit so soon" Inko explains.

"what makes you think we will end up together?" Izuku asks.

"I see the way you two look at each other if you hadn't told me already I would have thought you two were dating" inko says

"well, what do I do now Dad wants to meet her" Izuku says.

"Well, you could just tell her the situation so she's prepared" inko says.

"B-but t-thats!" Izuku could barely talk the idea of playing pretend even for a day or two would kill him but a whole week he was a full tomato at this point.

"just talk to her I bet she feels the same you know" inko says.

"she's just saying that to make me feel better no way uraraka feels that way"

The next day at school during lunch

"What am I going to do?"  Deku was starting at his food not eating a bite

"hey! Midoriya you ok?" Ida asks.

"yeah, I'm fine why do you ask?" Deku replies.

"Your kinda just staring at your lunch instead of you know? ...eating it?" ochaco says

Izuku's face is flushed red, embarrassed he barley squeaks out "actually i need to talk to you uraraka about something in private"

now it was Uraraka's turn to be nervous "i.in private?" she asks.

Ida read the room and left the two tomato twins alone.