Faithfully trapped, RQ

Maven is thinking of his mother after she died

Dear Mother, 

I recognize you are no longer with me but that doesn't make you any less of a mother to me. What does make you less a mother is what you had me do to put us where we are. You never told me anything that didn't directly affect me so I've been scrabbling to figure things out. I know you meant the best for us, it's just that, you weren't always the best at doing it. This mother's day we are both alone, I do believe that it is not much different from the others where we were together. You never wanted me to bother you with my gifts or cards, claiming the only reasons to interrupt you were father dying or someone finding out about your plans for the kingdom. I learned my lesson when you tossed that hand made booklet of drawings of us into the fire, right in front of me, without remorse. You have no clue how many nights awake I spent making it, although, neither do I. I past out too often to keep track. I suppose you thought making enough good memories to fill a small booklet was enough because we rarely had moments like that afterward. We did still go on late night walks through the garden but, those were always so we could get out of earshot from those who might try to listen. You were always careful about telling me the goings on of our plan, perhaps that is why you rarely told me anything. Thus, leaving me trapped in your crumbling legacy, suppose it's my obligation seeing as I'm your only heir. Nevertheless, happy mothers day mom, I hope it's as cold wherever you are as it is in the heart you left. 

                      Whatever love is left,

                                                                -Maven

A/n: Happy Mothers Day! This is a mother's day special but I am still working on other letters. Yes it's angsty, yes I probably will change it in the future, no this is not the only angsty letter to come. Also I'm only posting this today because it is mothers day, please don't expect daily updates because finals are happening still, I write whenever I can. Will post more often in the summers though! Thanks and I hope you liked it :)