Text

Wanda

I am laying down in my bed, just looking at the ceiling. It is 11pm and I am having trouble sleeping. Suddenly my phone pings, I grab it and see that an unknown number texted me.

Hey Wanda, it's Peter

A smile forms on my face and I immediately text back.

Hi Peter, what's up?

Nothing really, I just wanted to text you.

Oh, well hi :)

Do you wanna hang out tomorrow? It's Saturday and I know this diner that has really good pasta.

I'd love too! And how did you know I like pasta?

You just seem like the pasta kind of girl. So, lunch tomorrow at 2?

Send me the address and I'll be there!

Great! See you then!

I grin and clutch my phone to my chest. I think I'm starting to like Peter Parker. But I can't...I can't ruin Peter's life like that. He is an innocent 17 year old guy in highschool. I can't ruin him with my powers, my messed up past, HYDRA, the death that follows me.

The large grin on my face slowly disappears as the thoughts swirl around in my head. I can't go to lunch with him tomorrow. Just going to lunch with him could make me like him more. Which could put him in danger. I am dangerous...oh god what am I going to do?

--------------------

I am walking to the diner Peter text me about. It is almost 2:00 pm and I am fiddling with my fingers as I walk. I didn't have the guts to cancel on him. I just couldn't, he was excited, I could tell.

I get to the diner and walk inside. I look around but I don't see Peter. Maybe he's just a bit late. I sit down in a booth and order a basket of fries.

-----------------------------

Peter isn't here, and it's 2:40. He ditched me, or maybe he didn't. You know what...I'll just call him.

Peter

I am sticking to the back of a truck, trying to stop a bad guy from taking a serum. Suddenly I hear my phone ringing. I reach into my pocket and take my phone out. Wanda. Shit! Our lunch! I can't answer right now, she'll hear the sirens and immediately know that I'm Spiderman!

I decline the call and make a mental note to call her back later." Damn it bad guys," I sigh.

Wanda

Peter isn't answering his phone, I've been stood up. I mean I guess it doesn't really count since it wasn't really a date. But it still sucks, I sigh and stand up. I walk out of the diner and start walking down the street.

My phone starts ringing and I see that Peter is calling me. " Hello," I say while answering the phone." Wanda! Hey I am so sorry for missing our lunch! I got caught up with something and I couldn't answer your calls," I hear Peter speak.

I sigh in relief and a small smile appears." It's..it's okay. I'm on my way home right now," I tell him." Do you think we could reschedule? Maybe next weekend? I won't miss it next time," Peter suggests.

" Deal, same day, same time, same place," I chuckle as I continue walking." I'll be there. So what are your plans for the rest of the weekend," Peter asks me.

" Nothing. I never do anything outside of school. I'm a pretty boring person," I say. That was a lie, I'm definitely not a boring person. But the part about me never doing anything was 100% the truth. I've never been very social.

" I don't think you're very boring," he replies." Oh shush, you barley know me," I laugh." Then tell me about yourself. What's your family like? What's your favorite color? Stuff like that," Peter exclaims.

" My family. I have...had a twin brother. And my parents...are always out of town," I frown." Had...you mean your brother...I'm so sorry Wanda," Peter says. I can't see him right now but I can tell he feels pity for me.

" My favorite color is red. Now tell me about you Peter Parker," I state, attempting to change the subject." My favorite color is blue. And my parents died when I was younger. I live with my Aunt May now. My Uncle Ben died last year," Peter tells me.

My heart breaks, for both his past and for lying to him. Now I feel like I have to tell him the truth. NOT about HYDRA but about my parents." I lied to you," I mumble." What do you mean," He questions.

" My parents are dead too..so is my brother," I sigh." Do you have any family members left? Anyone you live with," Peter says frantically." No," I reply, I have just gotten to my apartment. I go inside and sit on the couch." Wanda..that's terrible," He sighs. He doesn't even know the whole story.

" Yeah...hey I gotta go. Grocery shopping," I lie before hanging up. Shit, I wasn't supposed to do that. I can't tell him anything else. He can't know how my family. Or anything else about my past.