Chapter 16: Apology

"Lucy?" Natsu asked. Lucy's head turned around and her face reddened.

"Stalker! LUCY KIIICCCKK!" Lucy yelled. She kicked Natsu on the head.

"Ow! That hurts! You didn't come back, so I started to get worried!" Natsu said.

"Oh, I'm sorry for making you worry, and I'm sorry for making fun of you. I'm pretty sure you don't want this, but I made you a cherry blossom crown," In the palm of her hands was a crown. Natsu took it and put it on his head. He then grabbed a cherry blossom and put it in Lucy's hair.

"I'm sorry, too," Natsu said.

Lucy smiled, "It's ok!" He then grabbed her hand and kissed her. Her face turned red like she just ate a jalapeño.

Natsu smiled, "I haven't done that in a while,"

"W-Well yeah," Her eyes turned to the side, embarrassed.

"Let's go back to Happy!" Natsu said.

"Hehehe, I'm already here! You guys llliiiikkke eachother," Happy teased.

"Get down here so I can hit you, you darned cat!" Lucy yelled.

Natsu picked Lucy up. "You're heavy, Lucy!" Natsu complained.

"Then don't pick me up!" Lucy yelled, rolling her eyes.

"Just kidding," Natsu laughed. They walked side by side back to the camping area.

"Hey, Natsu," Lucy said. Natsu turned his head, "What if I die?" Natsu's eyes widened.

"Please don't ask that," Natsu growled, his bangs covering his eyes.

"But what if I did?!" Lucy asked.

"I said... DON'T ASK THAT!" Natsu's whole body lit on fire, and veins popped all over his face. His pupils were very small. For the first time in a long time, Lucy felt truly afraid of him.

She turned around and started weeping.

"See Natsu? Look at was you did! You made Lucy cry!" Happy complained. "It's ok Lucy, he didn't mean it," Happy was replied with the cries of a blonde haired mage.

"Look, Lucy, I'm sorry," Natsu touched her arm. She flinched. She turned around to look at him. She looked truly terrified. She's afraid of me, Natsu thought. "I'm really sorry, please forgive me," Lucy silently nodded.

Natsu picked up the cherry blossom crown that Lucy made him.

"See? All better now," He said, as he placed down the crown on his head. The cherry blossom crown blended right in with his pink hair. Lucy turned around and smiled.

"Thank you... Natsu," She whispered. She's so pretty when she smiles, Natsu thought.

"I think you should smile more often, you look beautiful," Natsu told Lucy as her face reddened.

"T-Thanks," She stuttered back. Now they were back on good terms as Lucy laid down to sleep next to Natsu and Happy.