Chapter 21- I Love You Too

Their journey to the private island was uneventful, but it didn't mean that he wasn't on edge the entire time, fighting with his cat keeping it as subdue as he possibly could.

When it comes to her, he was everything but Mr. always in control. He could barely think straight, but he has better get his shit together.

His people was still in a vulnerable position right now with him not having taken the oath yet and all. But he needs her by his side when that day comes.

He had her placed in his bedroom. She still hadn't awakened, but when she changed he wanted her to be surrounded by his scent. Hopefully that will somehow work to appease her if she recognizes him as her mate.

Kids in his world are prepared and trained all their lived for this big moment until they've reached 16+ years old for the big change, and even with all that preparations it can still get pretty tough and erratic for the new cat. So he can't even imagine how his new kitten will feel.

His bedroom was massive but he still had everything moved out of there except the bed she was in, and the desk he was currently sitting on to do his work... Or trying to do his work anyway.

Upon hearing that he was bringing a human within the pride, his mom, dad and the council were not too happy. And then to hear of her impending transformation...

It was the first time he's ever raised his voice at his parents, especially his mother. He would not have them disrespect his woman.

That's when the council members smartly retreated out of the palace. He will deal with them again soon for sure.

His parents were baffled by his behavior. Their son regardless of what was happening around him or to him, was always the picture of perfect control. But then this human came and turned him into raw ball of nerves.

They didn't believe that she was his mate chosen by moon Goddess like it used to be done long long long ago. But his behavior alone had them rethinking that maybe she really was or that he truly believed that she was.

Besides almost biting their heads off when they tried to tell him how wrong he was to break such a big rule that could potentially harm the safety of the pride, he looked positively exhausted with bags under his eyes and his skin paler than usual.

They've wanted to come and visit and meet her since then, but he refused.

The only other person who was allowed in the room was the doctor, only because he had no choice. When she wakes up her senses are going to go haywire, and he was trying to minimize the different scents that will be lingering in the room.

Luc knocks on the door and entered before he heard a come on in which prompted a chest rumble from Henri.

"Calm down Henri, just wanted to check how our girl was doing."

"Our?"

"Yes yes... OUR and deal with it. She might be your mate but she is my Queen, my sister in law and soon to be best friend. As a matter of fact i might just have a bigger claim on her than you." He said a mischievous glint in his eye.

Henri was about to kick his butt out, but quickly realized what his brother was doing. He was trying to annoy the stress out of him. He shook his head with a small smile on his lips... The first one for days.

Luc noticed the small almost non-existent smile that adorned his brother's lips and he let out a sigh of relief. He will be ok after all.

He was not used to worry about his brother. He was always so level headed, so controlled, it has been unsettling to watch him lose that just from the mere sight of his mate hurt.