017

Ella and Tom had been talking about moving in together. Ella knew how she had a daughter with Max. But she wanted to focus on her future with Tom.

That morning, Ella woke and sighed. She saw Tom walking in. He smiled. "Your mum called. Alexis went into labour. She's with her now," he said.

"Oh my god. Why didn't I know?"

"It happened like 20 minutes ago."

Ella nodded and sighed. "She's in premature labour. That means that there's clearly something wrong with baby."

Tom took her hand. "Your mum has said to just go to work like normal and she'll call when there's any news," he told her.

Ella sighed and nodded. She looked to him. "Max needs to know... I don't want to be the one who tells him," she said.

"I'm sure he'll find out. Don't tell him," Tom said as he kissed her.

Ella nodded and sighed. She hated how everything was a complete mess.

***
Ella went into work. She saw Max and rolled her eyes. Tom took her hand. "Don't let it bother you babe. Be the bigger person."

Ella walked over to Max. "Alexis went into premature labour this morning. The stress of you and what you did."

Max rolled his eyes. He looked at her. "She'll be fine."

"No. She's sixteen. She's having your baby. You're so irresponsible! You got a vulnerable child pregnant! And she is having your baby... prematurely!" She spat.

Max said nothing as he turned and walked off. Ella turned to look at Tom. "I hate him.. remind me to have nothing more to do with it."

"It!" Tom laughed as he kissed her. He smiled. "It's all going to be okay. I promise you."

"Thanks... I think."

***
Ella was sitting in the staffroom. Rachel hadn't called her at all yet and she was worried. She looked up as Steph walked in. She smiled. "Hey. You okay?" She asked.

Ella nodded. "Lex is in labour. She's three months premature."

"Bloody hell... is she okay?"

"I don't know. My mother hasn't called me at all," Ella mumbled as she looked to her.

Steph smiled. "Alexis is tough. She'll be okay. I know she will."

"I hope so. I'm just... I don't know. I'm worried I guess. I just want her to be okay," Ella said as she looked to Steph.

Steph nodded and looked to her. "Give her my love."

***
Ella rolled her eyes as Max walked towards her. He smirked. "How's it going with Alexis?" He asked.

"You don't have the rights to ask about her," Ella spat as she tried to avoid him.

"Stop it. Please. She's having my baby. I want to know."

Ella sighed. "She's three months premature. No one has told me anything else."

Max nodded and sighed. He looked to her. "Can you let me know? When she has the baby?" He asked as he looked to her.

"I guess I can."

***
Ella walked into the hospital. Tom had taken Gracie home. Claire looked to her eldest daughter. "A baby girl. 2lb 3oz. Lex has named her Isabella-Leigh."

Ella smiled and nodded. But she had no idea how her life was going to end up going downhill.