learning to be without you

Chaeyoung POV

"You're back" Hyeri shouts running up to me excitedly. I grunt as she nearly knocks me over. 

"Unnie, you're hurting me" I say still in her tight embrace. 

"Oh shut up I missed you" 

"I missed you too" I say sincerely. 

"you must be hungry" she ask, I nod my head just now realising how much I need to eat. 

"Come I ordered us delivery" she pulls me along with her to the food. We sit down and start eating, I can tell she keeps looking at me expectingly probably wanting to know what happened. I'm not sure if I want to tell her everything, I don't even know if she's homophobic. Now thinking about that I start to freak out a little, what if she doesn't accept me or worse leaves me. 

"Chae, hey what's going on you look so nervous" 

"Um I-i need to go" I say quickly grabbing my things ready to leave. 

'Hey, hey Chae stop calm down and sit." she says authoritatively. I listen but have my head down. 

"You can tell me anything  Chae, whatevers on your mind is obviously upsetting you. Don't keep it all to yourself you'll go crazy if you do" she says in a softer tone. 

I finally look up and she's looking at me affectionally, I calm down knowing that Hyeri would never judge me ever. I take a deep breath. 

"I'm not 100% sure about my feelings but theirs someone I think I may like or have liked for a while" I say quickly, I look to see her reaction and its still the same. 

"Okay, is that what's got you so freaked out" she says amused. I rub my thighs nervously. 

"N-not just that, this person is someone in my group" I say quietly, I don't know why I feel so much shame saying it out loud. 

"Oh Chae come here" She pulls me into a hug, I finally break and start crying in her embrace. 

"Unnie, I don't know what to do" I say in between my sobs, she keeps me in her arms rubbing my back to calm me down. 

"You'll be okay, I'm here alright." I start to slowly calm down. 

"You feeling better yet" 

"hmm" I say pulling away a little, she wipes my tears away. 

"You don't hate me" I ask insecurely. 

"Don't be stupid, you can't help who you fall in love with" I smile by her words, I shouldn't have doubted her she's always had my back. 

"Is this why you we're upset today" she ask softly. 

"Partly, but when we were leaving for the airport I over heard a conversation about me" 

"What happened" 

"Jisoo was talking to jennie and telling her to stop messing around with me. They know Hyeri, they know I like jennie and apparently jennies just been messing with me for fun" 

"Wait till I deal with jisoo that little shit." 

"Yah, no I don't want them to know I know" She starts to calm down, her acting so protective of me is a little funny considering i'm taller than her. 

"you don't seem surprised" I ask. 

"I did think that you maybe had a small crush on her" 

"Why does everyone seem to know before I do" I say pouting. 

" don't be like that you might not actually like her you could just be infatuated with her" maybe at the start I was infatuated with her but looking back its quite obvious I did like her as more than just my unnie.