Hidden secret.

Chapter 23: Hidden secrets

“Tum itna gir jaogi main kabhi socha bhi nahi tha” (I never imagined you stood so low) Nisha said to her.

There was a dead silence after that. Khushi felt her blood stop pumping. The fear of losing her only best friend made her tremble.

“Nishu..I” She tried to touch her but Nisha shoved her hand and began to walk out of his room.

“Let me explain. What you are thinking is not..” Nisha didn’t let her complete and disappear from her sight. Seeing a broad smile on Arnav’s face, she grabbed his neck.

“If I lose my best friend, it will be last day of your life, Mr Raizada”

“Darling, you never learn from your mistakes. Few moments ago, my dearest sister caught you attempting my murder and again you..anyways. Just go and pacify her otherwise she throws you out of my mansion or probably from her life”

Khushi angrily shouted at him. “Shut up. Just up. She is upset with me because she doesn’t know what kind of monster is hidden in her brother. But the moment she knows the reason, she will support me and punish you. Did you understand” She Pointed finger at him.

He began to laugh and his laughter was echoing around the four walls.

“In what world are you living? You really think she will support you over her real brother. She never goes against her brother whom she worships like god. Sometimes you talk silly, Khushi. Don’t you get tired repeating the same mistake again and again?”

He is still in the lying position with bandages tied to his shoulder. But there is no worry on his face. In Fact he is chilling and enjoying her state.

“No.” She shakes her head. “My nishu would believe me. Then she will give a statement against you to the police station and you will be hanged for that awful crime.” He began to yawk hearing her talks.

“Keep daydreaming. In this birth, no-one was ever able to put me in jail. I am Arnav Singh Raizada. Don’t forget that.”

Khushi maintains her sanity. But his words and actions added fuel to her burning wounds.

“THIS IS NOT FUNNY, YOU MONSTER. YOU SPOIL MY DAMN LIFE THAT NIGHT. YOU RUINED ME TO AN EXTENT I CANNOT LOOK INTO THE EYES OF MANAV AFTER THAT INCIDENT. YOU WOULD NOT BE SPARE SO EASILY. IF NOT BY LAW, I WILL FIND ANOTHER WAY TO GET JUSTICE.”

“Keep trying. Do whatever you want, but you cannot defeat Arnav Singh Raizada. My mind is much sharper than your useless attempts. See. Just take an example of recent events. You wanted to commit suicide. But what happened. I failed your other irrational attempt also.”

She didn’t want to waste her time talking with him. Immediately she ran behind Nisha. As soon as she left, Payal entered his room.

“What the” He looked back and heaved to see that Khushi had already left.

“Are you mad?” He began to get up but a terrible pain shot him and he dropped back. Payal immediately goes by his side and holds him.

“Please don’t stress yourself” With a tender concern, Payal told him to relax.

“Why don’t you listen, when I told you not to come out from your room. Why are you roaming freely? Your sister is very clever. She may catch you within seconds.

“Sorry Arnav. Actually I couldn’t hold back seeing you like this.”

“I am fine, Payal. Don’t worry about me.”

“I don’t know how to thank you for saving Khushi. But again you risk your life for her. Not once, you saved her many times. But sadly she has no idea what all you have done to protect her. Instead of being grateful, she tries to kill you.”