Chapter 13- kisses gone cray

Today it has been 13 months since Crouton and I started dating. We both were on his bed. He was asleep and I was sitting there with my jaw gaping open. In front of me I was watching the news. The news always hits me hard.
Crouton woke up and caressed my hair. "Hey, beautiful. Are you okay?" He asked
"No, not really. The news is getting worse today"
"Don't watch it. I don't like you upset" he said. I smiled shyly and he brought me close to him and nuzzled his nose in my shoulder. I was wearing a tank top so it sent shivers down my spine.
He smirked "does that tickle?" He asked "little"
He grinned and wrapped his arms around me. His arms are huge. They covered up my chest and rested on my arms, his hands rubbing my under my chin. We knew not to go too far until we were married. But that didn't mean we couldn't hug each other. I released myself from his grip and got on his lap. "Croutie I'm cold" I complained. He smiled and put the blanket over both of us. "I was cold too"
"Sure... You just wanted to be under the covers with me" I said. He laughed and kissed me "yeah. You know me too well"
I nuzzled against Crouton's chest and he rubbed my stomach- lately I've been having stomach pains "babe, do you think I should see a doctor?" I asked "wait a few days. You might just be getting your period" he said. I nodded "right. If so I need you to get all of the chocolate possible" I said. He laughed and nodded "anything for you baby-doll" he said. He kissed me and I sighed "my mom would be prying us off each other. Then proceed to make you propose" I said. He laughed and kissed my head "well luckily she's not here" he whispered. "Ooh evil Crouton! I like evil Crouton!" I said. He laughed and rolled over. Pulling me on his stomach "oh? So if I robbed a bank you wouldn't mind?"
"Nope, in fact I would be your sidekick. My motto would be: Maelee is my name, kissing Jake is my game!" I said. He laughed and I laid down on him. Obviously I weighed nothing. Because he was just sitting there with his eyes closed "I need to go to work but I can't get up!" He said. I laughed and rolled off of him "still can't get up!" He complained. I decided to mess around with his 'security system' also known as his brain to get him up. I waited until he closed his eyes to sneak up like a panther stalking its prey. I looked at the buttons of his shirt and decided to go for it "RAWR!" I shouted. I jumped on him and started playing with the buttons. I wasn't really doing anything but it made him scream like a girl and nail be against the bed, kissing me. "Croutie. You moved!" I said like he was a toddler that just took his first steps. He jumped up and his glasses were cockeyed "YESSSSS! Let's go play in the snow!" He said. "Uh, Croutie its the middle of April!"
He looked at me "right. Don't argue with Croutie"
He dragged me outside and took me to an ice cream store. Where we went behind the counter and dove in to the freezer. I went for the Oreo ice cream and he laughed "always the Oreo ice cream" "yeah. What do you like?"
"I like the orange dreamsicle. Not as much as strawberry though" he said. He mixed the two together and took a bite. His expression ironically melted with delight "this is amazing!" "Yeah, you are" I said like a corny romantic movie. He smiled and kissed me. That's the Croutie I love