5

art by me :)~~~

art by me :)
~~~

A yawn escapes from Y/n. They squint their eyes open. The light from the tv stuns them for a moment. Where were they again? Oh that's right; Daniel's house. Their eyes adjust and they see that one of the Toy Story movies is playing. It doesn't seem like anyone else is still awake. Dottie, Daniel, and Ryland are all passed out on the floor. They spotted a digital clock that read 2:53 AM. They sigh.

Y/n was starting to realize how hot they felt under their blanket. Their sweat was making them feel icky under the fuzzy fabric. They began to kick off the blanket. They immediately froze when their foot connected with something. Their eyes widen at the grunt that comes from whatever it is they hit.

They sit up and gasp. Blaze was beginning to sit up on the other end of the couch. Blaze rubs his lower back with a squint. Y/n pulls the blanket up to cover the bottom half of their face.

"Ow..." Blaze groans.

"I am so sorry," Y/n whispers.

Blaze makes eye contact with Y/n. He stifles a laugh so he doesn't wake the others. He whispers back, "It's ok. It didn't really hurt; just scared me."

Y/n's shoulders slump, still whispering, "I still feel bad."

"You're not allowed to feel bad," Blaze teases.

Y/n huffs, "That's dumb."

"You're dumb," Blaze grins.

Y/n's mouth forms an 'O' shape which pairs with their offended expression. They whisper yell, "Rude!"

"Says the one who nailed me in the back," Blaze adjusts his sitting position on the couch.

His back leans against the arm rest he was originally using as a pillow. One arm is rested on the back of the couch while the other tugs at his messy hair. His fingers get caught on knots as he pulls, making him wince as he forces them through anyway. Y/n notices the closeness of their and Blaze's legs and quickly pulls their own up to their chest instead. Blaze turns to look at the tv. He scrunches his nose at the movie.

Y/n was now struggling to remember what they were talking about, "It's hot in here."

Blaze looks back at them, "Yeah it kinda is."

Their voices stay at a low volume unlike the characters on screen...and Y/n's stomach. Their face gets red as Blaze raises a brow at the noise.

"Hungry?" Blaze smiles.

Y/n shrugs, "I guess so."

Blaze's smile widens, "Come on."

He throws his blanket off and gets up. He stretches for a moment, making some bones crack in the process. He walks over to the stairs. Blaze turns back to face Y/n and gestures for them to follow. They hesitantly follow. They reach the floor above. A eerie silence compared to the floor below makes the ringing in Y/n's ears deafening. Blaze leads Y/n to the kitchen.

He opens the fridge, blinding himself with the automatic light. He glances through the items in the fridge. Y/n rubs their arm as they simply spectate, "Won't we get in trouble?"

Blaze shakes his head. He raises his voice to just above a whisper, "Nah. Daniel and his parents promote late night snacking."

Y/n nods. They match Blaze's volume, "Yeah that's true."

Blaze opens a drawer in the fridge that's a little too loud for the pair's liking. Y/n looks around while Blaze cringes. He goes back to searching before his eyes light up.

"Aha, look," Blaze holds up a package, "String cheese."

"Perfect," Y/n grins.

Blaze smiles back. He snaps off two cheese sticks. He hands one to Y/n who gladly takes it. They appreciate the coldness the dairy snack brings to their hands. Blaze returns the package. This time, he carefully slides the drawer back in place. The fridge is closed making the room ten times darker than before. Once the two of them let their eyes adjust before they head back downstairs.

Y/n plops onto the couch and peals the plastic off their cheese stick. The movie is almost over. Blaze carries his snack by his teeth and grabs the tv remote. He carefully avoids stepping on any of his sleeping friends. Y/n savors the cheese not realizing how hungry they really were.

Blaze opens his own, "So, what do you wanna watch?"

They're back to whispering. Y/n shrugs as they chew, "I dunno."

"You're no fun," Blaze smirks. He skims through Disney+ after closing out of Toy Story. He steals glances over at Y/n who stares blankly at the tv enjoying their cheese.

"Do you mind musicals?" Y/n asks.

"I'll tell you a secret..." Blaze glances around for dramatic effect before leaning in towards Y/n, "I actually love musicals."

Y/n giggles, "How about watching Hamilton?"

"Sounds perfect," Blaze immediately goes to the search bar to find the movie. Once it's found it's played.

Blaze retrieves his blanket from off the floor and covers his lap with it. He remains sat up while eating his string cheese. Y/n sits the same way at his side. They too find their blanket but decide to wrap it around themselves like a cape. Y/n finds the digital clock once more. This time it reads 3:16 AM. Their eyes feel heavy just thinking about how late it is.

They finish their cheese and place the wrapper on the floor in front of the couch to throw away later. Blaze does the same a few minutes later. A yawn comes from Blaze. He lets his head rests back on the couch. Y/n can't help but admire her friend in an odd way...ew...weird. They force their attention back to the tv. The songs fly by and before they know it, they're fast asleep.

~~~
word count: 987
more to come tomorrow/later today when it's not almost 1:00 am
sorry for any typos i'm sleepy and lazy :P