6

Sullyoon's place was more pleasant to look at than what Ryujin expected—well, that was probably because she didn't know what to expect since she wasn't given the chance to meet her in person. Her younger sister didn't think it was necessary to introduce them to each other. Ryujin thought that Jinni was doing it for the best, seeing that she was about to go back to London in a few days, leaving Sullyoon on her own in Vancouver. Whatever they were was complicated but it was beautiful and it made Jinni really happy, which was all that Ryujin could wish for her sister.

"Sullyoon doesn't scare off easily so, good luck with whatever you're planning," Jinni said as they approached the front door of Sullyoon's house.

Even from the outside, Doja Cat and SZA's Kiss Me More was blaring across the street. Laser lights shot out from the backyard, illuminating the night sky with their blinding neon colors. Sullyoon's house was surrounded by various characters from TV shows, movies, anime, and whatnot, easily overwhelming Ryujin. She couldn't remember the last time she went to a party like this.

Her life was boring and uneventful when she was in college and it was her choice to keep it that way. She didn't want to be distracted by anything, knowing that a single party could effortlessly take her focus away for a long time. Everything she worked hard for would have been for nothing. School, home, gym, Pancake Avenue—those were only the places where Ryujin could be found and it was also how she managed to launch Bifrost. Since then, the parties that she went to were formal and normally held to build connections with businessmen and improve their reputation to companies.

Staring at these people without so much care about the world they were living in, carrying cheap booze around as they talked about the latest updates from series they were watching, Ryujin couldn't help but feel nostalgic. When she was busy throwing her life down the drain, these people's lives used to be hers. Sullyoon's house used to be her penthouse. Strangers making out, bottles and cans scattered on the floor, the stench of smoke from cigarettes and blunts—this was how Ryujin's world looked like before.

"The fact that you're so quiet makes me even more nervous," Jinni said, stepping in front of Ryujin and causing them to stop a few meters away from the door. "I know that I literally dragged you to be here but can you please be nice to everyone? Some of Sullyoon's friends are here too."

Ryujin furrowed her brows at her sister. "You want to make a good impression in front of her friends as if you're not leaving her in a few days."

"Do you prefer to have them remember us as bitches they never want to hang out with ever again?"

Ryujin's frown only deepened and she tightly clutched the paper bag containing the alcohol they bought on their way. "You owe me for this."

"I know, which is why I want to make the most of this favor," Jinni said, grinning happily as she turned on her heels. "Come on, grumpy pants! You're only here for twenty minutes, remember?"

Although Ryujin knew Jinni wouldn't let her leave after twenty minutes. She sighed heavily and followed her sister inside, dragging the soles of her feet on every step. As soon as they got in, multiple eyes followed them and Ryujin guessed it was probably because of what they were wearing. While Jinni was dressed up as Harley Quinn from Batman, Ryujin was clad in a customized Marc Spector's Moon Knight. The two undeniably pulled the stunning costumes off and now they caught everyone's attention.

"Look what the cat dragged in," a woman with a red wig wearing a fitted green dress said, approaching the pair. Ryujin easily recognized her as Poison Ivy and it clicked when she looked back to Jinni, who was grinning widely at her.

"God, you look fabulous." Poison Ivy leaned in towards Jinni and gave her a chaste kiss on the lips, confirming Ryujin's suspicions of who the woman was.