40

The next morning, Yeji was on her feet as soon as her alarm went off, determined to start the day earlier than usual as she had the perfect plan to execute to get in touch with Ryujin again.

She thought about it many times before but never actually acted on it, knowing that the billionaire wasn't a fan of surprises. But Yeji was running out of options and if she wasn't replying to any of her messages, she had to step up her game. She could worry about the billionaire's distaste for sudden visits later on. She had to see her as soon as possible. At six in the morning, Yeji was already traveling across the Lion Gate Bridge, mentally counting the time she had to spare so she wouldn't be late for work.

Today, she planned on inviting the billionaire for a quick breakfast date before eventually leading her to the conversation that was already long overdue. She figured out that being patient with Ryujin and waiting for her to address the issue was like waiting for the achievement of world peace. Thinking about it seemed like it was possible only to realize that it was unrealistic. If Ryujin was bound to deal with whatever it was on her own, it was a waste of time to wait for her to open up about it first. So Yeji decided to take the matters in her hands, knowing it would be better to discuss it as soon as possible and make sense of it all before it blew over in Ryujin's brooding face.

A few moments later, Yeji found herself rubbing her hands together as she entered Ryujin's house, the agitating expectation of not having the billionaire around making her palms sweat for some reason. The last time she felt that way around Ryujin was when she confessed to her about her feelings after the concert. Recently, the billionaire hadn't exactly been herself with her, like she was a person she had distant memories with and although they had history together, she was still a stranger.

It was normal to feel anxious around strangers.

There was still no sight of the regular caretakers as Yeji made her way inside. Ryujin could be taking her usual jog around the woods or she could be at the gym. Yeji checked the latter first and was met with an empty room before considering going upstairs. If Peter was right about the billionaire only coming home to sleep, then she could be getting ready to go out now.

"Ryuddaeng?" Yeji called out as she stood in front of the closed door.

She couldn't count the amount of times she had been in the same room. At some point, it almost felt like it belonged to her too but she knew the stark difference between the past and the present. The boundaries they had now were almost tangible that it wasn't hard to ignore, so no matter how weird it felt, she knocked on the door instead of barging her way in.

She heard a couple of shuffling and found herself sucking in a breath when it swung open, revealing Ryujin's toned abs as she seemed to be in the middle of dressing up. The buttons of her white long sleeves were open all the way down, pants still unzipped, and her blonde hair was dark, wet, and a total mess but in a way that still made her look attractive.

"Yeji? What are you doing here?" Ryujin asked, lifting an arm on the doorframe as she looked at her, her eyes subtly twitching.

"You weren't answering my texts again so I thought I'd just come to you," she said sternly, willing her feline eyes to focus on Ryujin's face.

Ryujin sighed, harshly rubbing her hair with a towel to dry it. "I already told you how it's chaos at Bifrost."

"I know but don't you eat breakfast anymore?" Yeji cleared her throat, keeping herself from being distracted by the billionaire's charm. "I came here to take you out before we both go to work."

Ryujin halted her movements, her gaze lingering on her for a moment and looking as if she was weighing her decisions. The sudden change of her demeanor caused Yeji's blood to race as she found the expression on her face familiar. It was filled with desire, painted with determination and finality. It only took one look and she instantly knew what was coming.