29

"You've got to seriously hate me or something," Chaeryeong almost whined, her arms outstretched as she glared at her friends. "I'm alone?"

It was a Tuesday and they were finally fulfilling their dreams—riding around the city in their Lamborghinis. They were gathered by Chaeryeong's house. When they decided to pair up with each other, Lia went with Yuna, Jennie with Lisa, and Yeji instinctively climbed onto Ryujin's Aventador SVJ Roadster.

"Not even your sister, man," Lisa said teasingly.

Laughing, Yeji's eyes turned into thin lines as she watched them from the passenger seat. "No offense, Ryeong. I just think I look better in black."

Chaeryeong's Huracán EVO RWD Spyder came in Blue Glavco, like the color of the Pacific Ocean under the rising sun, while Ryujin's Aventador was, well, grim matte black with a sinister vermilion accent. It definitely appeared like the devil's car beside the others. One look and people could instantly identify which one of them was the most nefarious.

"I'm surprised you didn't get a Sián Roadster," Jennie chimed in.

Ryujin shrugged, adjusting her sunglasses on the bridge of her nose. "Somebody else got their hands on the last stock. I'll just find them and buy it for twice or thrice the price."

"Ladies," Yuna said from her spot beside Lia, effectively gaining their attention. "The longer we stay here, the more Ryujin's going to boast. If I were you, I'll step out of here as soon as possible."

"I was simply answering a question," Ryujin said in defense, which earned a collective roll of eyes and groans from her friends.

"Jen's an enabler if anything," Lisa said, scoffing. "Come on. We need to film before the sun sets."

Of course they weren't just doing it for fun. Lisa hired an entire professional team to record their entire escapade that they would later on turn into a masterpiece. It was still up for debate whether they would release it to the public or keep it as a token to remember by instead.

Ryujin slid in the driver's seat, eyes scanning Yeji's side. Without a warning, she leaned over to grab the seat belt before securing it in place, making sure that it wouldn't fall off later on. A smirk played on her lips when she noticed the cat-eyed woman holding in a breath. She was wearing one of the leather jackets that she bought from Monte Carlo and although only the two of them knew that, it brought a different kind of pride to Ryujin that she was using it. And then her eyes landed on the gemini necklace, making her smile even wider. Even their bracelets were matching and it somehow felt that they had pieces of each other that were kept secret from everybody else, like a billion worth of treasure hidden from the rest of the world.

They all agreed to keep it safe but if they were being honest, who wouldn't want to speed with a Lamborghini? Having the cat-eyed woman beside her totally changed it for Ryujin though. If Chaeryeong or Lisa ever initiated anything later on, she would settle on falling behind instead of racing with them.

Another car with a camera setup was right in front of them. Once they sent a signal that they were good to go, Ryujin turned to Yeji once again.

"Ready, babe?" she asked.

Yeji let out a tiny squeal as her head bobbed up and down with enthusiasm. "Let's go!"

It was exactly how Ryujin envisioned it.

She pressed on the pedals with care as the low growl of their cars thundered across the streets of Vancouver. It felt like the movies, like they were the queens who came to reclaim the kingdom they lost. Although they had the directors telling them what to do through their radios, freedom never tasted this sweet before to Ryujin.