31

"Ten grand to the highest scorer," Yuna announced, pointing to the punching machine with a mischievous grin plastered on her face.

After a few more exhilarating rides, they made it to the portion of the park wherein endless booths lined the walkways, which looked like a glimmering opportunity for Ryujin to win in every game. It was like a massive buffet of trophies to her. She wasn't the only one eager for victory though.

"Ten grand?" Liam asked, putting up a confident grin as they walked towards the punching machine.

"Yeah," Yuna said brightly, looking at him challengingly.

Liam turned to Lisa. "There's no bluffing when it comes to money with your friends, right?"

Lisa chuckled, shaking her head. "Every bet is sacred to us."

"Let's give this a try then," Liam said before starting up the machine.

They all took a step back, watching him find a comfortable position before striking forcefully.

759.

"Oh, come on," Liam said, dropping his arms to the side. "I'll do it again, I'll do it again."

"No, you only have one shot," Yuna said as she laughed when Liam dragged his feet away.

"Our grandmother punches stronger than you," Hailey said, grinning teasingly at him.

"Who's next?"

"Get them, babe," Jennie said to Lisa, giving her arm a squeeze before pushing her towards the machine.

Lisa scoffed and turned to look at them. "You're sure you want me to go now? I don't want you guys crying like a baby because you can't beat my score."

"Just get it over with," Jeremy said, rolling his eyes.

With a laugh, Lisa faced the machine and started it. Jennie was constantly cheering her on and her girlfriend couldn't wipe off the smug smirk on her face even if she already hit the bag. It went past Liam's score and stopped at 865.

"No offense but I honestly thought you'll go higher than that," Jeremy said, causing Lisa to hit his arm with her fist. "Yeah, you have a weak punch."

"We have 865," Yuna said as she raised her hand. "Any other competitors? Come on, I know you can do better than that."

"You don't want to give it a try?" Jeremy asked Yeji as she stood between him and Ryujin.

Yeji laughed, shaking her head. "I don't want to break my wrist. Thanks."

"But it's ten grand," Jeremy said as if the amount of the prize was supposed to convince her.

"I still don't think it's worth it."

Jeremy's head whipped towards Yuna's direction. "Ten grand doesn't sound enough for a broken wrist. I'll make it fifty for the winner."

They all seemed surprised by this offer but Yuna nodded in return, accepting his proposal.

"Thanks to our generous sponsor, the winner will go home with fifty grand," she said, clapping her hands together. "Now, let's see who's going to get the bag!"

"Someone's showing off," Liam said jokingly, earning an innocent shrug from Jeremy.

"Still think it isn't worth it?" Jeremy asked, giving his attention back to Yeji.

"I'm trusting you to get that money to my account, Jeremy," Chaeryeong said instead, stepping in front of the machine and warming up.

"Oh, you can definitely count on it," Jeremy said.