16

"Sunrise or sunset?" Yeji asked.

"Sunsets. Nothing exactly beautiful in getting your retinas burned by the blinding sun," Ryujin said without looking at the cat-eyed woman. "When was the last time you cried?"

"When you took my drunk ass home. When was the last time you cried?"

"You can't repeat my questions."

Chaeryeong asked Ryujin to take Yeji home after their sleepover at Yuna's house when one of her coworkers called her due to an emergency. On the way to the party the night before, Yeji chose to leave her bike and took a ride with Chaeryeong so she didn't have a choice but to let Ryujin drive her home. The Volante wasn't a terrible car and Ryujin even put the convertible roof down but Yeji still got bored, eventually forcing the billionaire to play 21 questions with her.

Ryujin was hesitant at first, thinking ahead and worrying that Yeji would ask about Karina or a sensitive topic but the architect was persistent with her choice of idea to pass the time. Ryujin became more afraid that she would start crying if she didn't play with her.

"Fine," Yeji said, humming in thought. "What's your favorite food to make?"

Ryujin took a glance at her, frowning. "Can your questions be any more cliché?"

"No, it's not yet your turn to ask. Answer my question."

"I don't know. Pistachio-crusted salmon?"

"Why are you asking me?"

Ryujin gently pressed on the brakes when they stopped at a red light before glaring at Yeji for her tone. "Because I don't have anything specific that I like cooking. I just like the process alone."

"But Jennie said you're too lazy to cook for them," Yeji said, blatantly unbothered by the way she was looking at her due to her attitude.

"Your turn is over." Ryujin tore her gaze away, waving her hand off. "If you were to meet yourself ten years ago, what would you tell her?"

"Ten years ago . . . " Yeji trailed off. The light already turned green by the time she came up with an answer. "I would probably tell the younger Yeji to believe in herself—to lose everything else but her confidence in her choices because despite the feeling of having the world closing in around her, she'll make it through. She always will."

Ryujin was impressed but she chose to put up a teasing smirk. "Isn't that touching?"

"Fuck you."

"Gladly."

Ryujin couldn't wipe off the grin plastered on her face and it only grew wider when she turned to look at Yeji beside her, gulping down as she appeared to be flustered with her cheeks slightly red.

"Anyway!" Yeji said, breaking eye contact. "Would you rather be invisible or have the ability to fly?"

"One more cliché question and I'll kick you out of my car. It's like you looked these up from Google and still chose the most basic ones."

"I'm running out of questions, okay?"

"This is literally your idea," Ryujin said, rolling her eyes. "You should've been prepared."

"Stop being a perfectionist and answer the goddamn question, Ryuddaeng."

"Fine. The ability to fly."

"What?"

Ryujin took a careful turn across the intersection before panning her head towards Yeji's direction. "What?"

The architect raised inquisitive brows at her. "You'll seriously choose that over invisibility when you have the chance to do whatever the hell you wanted without being seen? Think about how you can hide from people you want to avoid, the banks you can rob, the pranks you can pull."