Chapter 6

April bounded down a dark alley but stopped when she saw the Foot Clan coming at her from the other end of the alley. She turned back but the Foot surrounded her. She had nowhere to go as she clutched the purple vial in her hand. "You guys don't really want to do this again, right?" she said, feeling disbelief. "It doesn't usually work out well for you guys. Because I have eight friends. They're green ninjas. And four girls have powers."

But before they could get to her, hockey punks flew in, knocking out the soldiers down! They all turned and saw a man, wearing an old school goalie mask and wielding a hockey stick. He dove into the fight taking on the remaining Foot. Karai knocked the canister out of April's hands. It rattled toward the end of the alley just before as a police car screeched to a stop. April took off after him.

April turned into another alley, but this time quickly proved to be a dead end. She stopped and turned around. A Foot soldier was at the open end of the alley. She was trapped again. Then the man blindsided the soldier, knocking him out. April looked up, uncertain what to make of her masked ally. Moving toward her, the man shrugged as if it were no big deal to take down a bunch of ninjas with a stick.

"Thank you. What's your name?" she asked.

"Casey Jones," he answered. But his mask muffled his voice because April didn't understand him.

She tipped her head to one side. "What's that?"

"Casey Jones."

"Stacy Moans?"

"Casey Jones."

All of a sudden, someone sucker punched him by someone hiding in the shadows. A familiar voice shouted. "Get away from her!"

"WHOA! Get back. Do not eat us," Casey exclaimed, pulling April, "We are not food. The people of Earth are not your enemies." Shira's pink remaining eye glowed as she flew to her brothers and sisters. Casey was shocked by the sight of the mutant turtles and the odd looking sea turtles with powers, their eyes glowed like spot lights as they blinked in the darkness. Manako copied Casey's voice.

"Watch this." she whispered. She backfliped right in front of the human. "We were sent by the Supreme Leader to eat delicious hoomins and dip them in blood dressing." Manako really likes to mimic people a lot. Her long bluish tongue licked her lips.

"It's okay," April told him. "They're my friends."

Seeing Casey was utterly confused, he turned to April. "Oh. Oh, they...They're your friends?"

"Yeah, they're my friends. Tell him." April told her turtle friend.

As he spoke, little Mikey introduced his brothers. "Donatello over there in the purple, he's a technical genius, who is technically a genius! Raphael over there in the red, he's like a big cuddly teddy bear, if big cuddly teddy bears were incredibly violent."

"Hey..." Reika wasn't sure she didn't like Raph as a cuddly teddy bear but she really hates being called out, especially him.

After all, Mikey continued. "This is Leonardo. He's in the blue. Fearless leader. Silent but deadly. And I'm Michelangelo, sporting my signature orange. I'm a triple threat... Brains, brawn, and obviously a dazzling personality. Ladies like to call me Mikey."

"Are you done?"

"Yeah."

"Oh! Don't forget us," Shira blurted out from the other side although they never introduced themselves.. "We're sisters from our Turtle team. We're April's friends, too. Sorry about my baby brother, he's crazy," she giggled, petting her little brother.

"Sorry we're late, April," Leo told her as Shirahara flapped on the railing. "You want to walk me through what's going on here?"

April tried to explain. "Uh, okay, um, so I went to go see Baxter, but then Shredder was there. And then he was talking about opening up some sort of portal to another dimension, and then he... " There was a quiet little pause. "He took this purple ooze and he injected it into those criminals that escaped with him. And then he turned one of them into a rhinoceros, the other one into a warthog, and the third into a cobra."