1. Teammate

"Keep it up, Team, Focus!" 

Once the raven-haired gets the ball, he dribbles it, moves forward, and fakes a pass before aiming for the shot. 

"Nice work, Captain!" The Coach compliments, The whistle in between his lips as he spoke. Of course, Hanlim's Basketball captain wouldn't miss a single shot. 

The same boy again aims for a three-pointer and shoots the ball right when the Coach blew the whistle. 

"Good job boys, the practice's over." 

With sweat dripping on either side of his temples, he sips on some water. His Adam's apple visibly bobbing up and down, his jawline straight as a knife. 

"Beomgyu, I need you to make the layups cleaner, Get the boys for practices, Well done today." The coach taps on the lad's shoulder, Who's named Beomgyu. 

He simply nods his head before taking his skinny off and wipes the sweat faintly with his hands before tossing the skinny over his shoulder.

Shirtless, Beomgyu walks into the changing room. 

"Y'all, Coach needs us to be cleaner with the layups. And the defenses, So, be there for practices." He flashes a small smile and takes a quick shower before putting on a T-shirt and a pair of shorts.

After he greeted his teammates, He stepped out of the school. It was about seven pm and Beomgyu just wanted to feel his head against his pillows and just drift away to sleep. 

It's always been like this though, He wakes up, gets dressed, goes to school, and stays for practices up until around six o'clock in the afternoon, And once he gets back home, He does his assignments and falls asleep. 

I mean, Every high-schooler wakes up and simply tries their best not to fuck up the rest of their day. 

"I'm home~" He announces, but gets no reply as usual. 

Why? 

Because he is just greeting his pet, Toto. The parrot can talk back but Beomgyu's given up trying to understand its gibberish. 

"Hello?" Beomgyu answers his phone call, 

"Oh, Beomgyu! Did you get home, baby? Had dinner? Oh, is your knee injury okay, hun?" 

"Uh-huh, I guess. How's stuff in Daegu? All smooth, right, Eomma?" 

"Surely. Aww, Eomma couldn't even visit my baby bear for a long time~ But I will make you some Rice cakes and come by next week, okay?" 

"Okay, okay. Not like I can't survive without you." Beomgyu teases his mom, tossing his food into the microwave. 

"Is that the sound of the microwave? Yah, how many times should I tell you not to eat those fast food every day! It's bad for you, Beomgyu!" 

"Jeez, What do you want me to do, birth-giver? I just got from practice and I'm exhausted, Now like my good Eomma, please call me back later? Beomgyu's tired~" 

"Okay, okay, fine. Goodnight, Baby." 

"Goodnight, I love you." Beomgyu releases a stressful sigh after declining. 

He tiredly walks over to the TV and slumps onto the couch, with his meal on top of his belly, he lays on the couch and watches the NBA until he falls asleep. 

***

The annoying sound of the fucking loud alarm was ringing early morning, a hand flies over it and smashes the button a few times.