ten

a fool's repeat
"for someone with such a tough reputation, you sure don't act like it"

-

althea now sat in a tree, close enough to seattle to see its constructions. she could hear the screams clearly in the background, rather disturbing when she truly focused on them.

the girl had only been in seattle for a couple of hours, watching from the side-line in pure shock. the stench of blood had filled her nose, the different types moulding into one average scent. it disgusted her.

she could clearly see the problem now, the question now was, what was the cause? the brunette couldn't even decipher which species it was, but considering the amount of blood, she didn't put aside vampires.

althea had only just forgotten about the redhead from not too long ago, these deaths taking over the front of her mind. previously, every day that passed by she was reminded of her. whether it was sarcastic remarks from locals, or even seeing a redhead in public, a pang in her heart always sparked.

it shouldn't be this case, after all, their last encounter wasn't the prettiest.

heading towards the city centre, the girl was met with a chaotic scene. the screams were louder of course, but now more dense, more antagonising every step she took. there was evident smoke appearing from open-air fires, as well as plenty of car crashes.

someone ran up to her in a flash, startling althea to take a quick step back. red eyes glared at her, expression almost insanity if she wasn't mistaken. dried blood caked the man's face, ripped clothing with more red liquid stained on them.

the brunette recognised him as a newborn immediately, suddenly everything started to piece together. newborns are out of control, they have not had the experience to handle feeding properly.

don't get her wrong, the amount of blood spilt on the roads currently made althea quite uneasy, distracted almost, but she kept her guard up, worried about what this man might do.

he didn't say anything in particular, only incoherent grunts and other noises escaping his mouth.

the girl was out of luck, all these newborns surrounding hadn't established their abilities yet, and they are strong compared to a mature vampire.

she couldn't keep his eyes off him, uncertain of a possible strike. what's with the sudden interest in her? she wasn't food.

"shit," she whispered, trying to use her other senses to find an escape route. she knew there was an ally way directly behind her, but we all know how stories end up in those.

"hello, sweetie," the newborn finally spoke up after his short moments of sounds, "well don't you smell lovely."

scrap that thought of she wasn't food, perhaps the other didn't even realise the two were of similar species.

he grew closer and closer, fangs bearing as he eyes her neck. this won't end well if she keeps standing there, so the brunette had to take off, understanding he could catch her fairly quickly.

"you're quite quick compared to the rest of my feasts," he chuckled to himself while continuing his course, soon to corner the girl by the end.

maybe because i'm not your food

the girl thought, rolling her eyes as she dreaded every moment of this. she knew she was going to regret this, and this was only the start of what was to come.

"there's no where to go now, angel!"

but there was, at the end of the alley was a slab of concrete flooring, another part of the city stood above it. fenced off by poorly built metal, it was an easy jump for the girl, if she times it right.