Chapter Eight: An Act of "Kindness"

The Next Day...

   I woke up all tired and found Yancy sleeping right next to me. Last night was honestly the best. We were still naked under the covers but it was still worth the night. He woke up right next to me and gave me a smile. "Good morning, sleepy head.", I said to him. He gave me a kiss on the lips as we both got up. I covered myself in the blanket I was in, and he did too. "Buns, yous made my night last night. It's been long since I've felt love like that before.", he said. I gave him a smile and wrapped my arm around him. His chest felt so warm from the covers we slept in. I even closed my eyes a bit while feeling so relaxed again. But when I opened them up again, I promise you not, the guard was standing there looking at us. Me and Yancy stood there in shock. Knowing that we've broken the rules: no sexual conduct with prisoners or any of the officers. "Well, well, well! Looks like we have ourselves two active little monkeys having too much fun in their cage. Well, we know just what to do with those that like to get all "active"...", he said while smacking his mallet in his hand.

In the Cafeteria:

   "Keep cleaning! I expect to see this floor spotless like a Diamond!", the guard said. The only punishment that they could give us was to scrub down the prison cafeteria. As they walked away, I looked at Yancy while dripping my sponge into the bucket again. "I'm sorry if I got us in trouble.", I said. But he gave me a smile like he didn't care. "Ha! Please, I've been through worse.", he said. "So about your files. We need to look in to see what's up with that case of youses." I agreed with what he said and continued to scrub the floor. As I did, I overheard the guards talking about the Warden again. "You know what's funny? The Warden said that he was in grief this morning.", one guard said. "About what?", the second guard asked. I stayed closed and listened to what they were talking about. "He says that his daughter is probably alive somewhere. He doesn't know where but he said that he found some type of paperwork that have her name under it. Now he's trying to find out where she is." After paying attention to the conversation, I turned back to Yancy and said "Something tells me that the Warden is really onto the case of trying to find his kid. This is kind of making me think about it. I know we just found my files, but I think we need to check out his office one last time." "Buns, as much as I love to go into sneaky mode again, right now may not be that possible. Knowing for a fact that the Warden is still mad at the both of us from yesterday. The only way to get to his office is to show some good behavior quickly. And I don't know how.", he said. I thought to myself for a minute about that file he was so obsessed with as well as mine. Maybe that second file might be a clue to match up with my case. But besides from getting ahead of myself, I had to get it now! After still thinking about something for the both of us to do, I immediately got an idea. "Yancy! I got it! What if we suck up to the guards by doing some work around the place that'll take us to the Warden's office immediately?", I said. Yancy thought to himself for a second and said, "Yous think it might work?" I got up from the floor and grabbed his hand to help him up. "Trust me. We'll call it an "act of kindness". Once we get in, we get out." As we both got up, we went to one of the guards. My heart was pounding a bit, but I stayed strong. "Uh, excuse me sir. But me and my friend would like to know, if it's possible, if we can have a job working in the kitchen?", I asked politely. The guard gave us a look and said, "A job?!.... You know! There's something about you two that make me happy! So you guys want the job, you got the job!" I was immediately surprised on what just happened. Yancy and I smiled as we were given aprons. "Well- Thanks!", he said as we both went inside the kitchen.

In the Kitchen:

We were both dressed up for cooking duty, and still with a plan in mind. "Okay, he really didn't tell us what to do, but we might as well do something.", Yancy said as we went to the sink full of dishes. But before we could even touch a single dish, the head chef in the kitchen (who looked a lot like the guard we just talked to), stopped us and smile. "Goodness gracious! I see that you two are working really hard. I'm here by premonting you both to laundry duty.", he said. Me and Yancy were confused, but we didn't say nothing about it. "Uh, okay! Thank you!", I said.

In the Laundry Room:

"Okay! That was a bit weird. But let's just get this started.", I said while grabbing a laundry basket. But as I did, the laundry manager (who again looked like the guard and head chef) stopped us and said, "Wow! I can see that you both are such hard workers! So you know what? You both are now assigned to cleaning the Warden's office!" Me and Yancy had no idea what to expect anymore from all of this. But we weren't arguing; at least we got to our destination of the plan. "Wow! That's great!", he said. The manager then put his hand on Yancy's back and looked at us both. "Every time I don't see you both happy, it's only one step closer to my grave.", he said. I was completely weirded out by his compliment, so I just took the maid outfits and left. "Uh? Thank you?", I said.

In the Warden's Office:

Once me and Yancy got dressed into our maid outfits, we both took a deep breath and relaxed a bit to not look too suspicious. "Okay, yous first.", Yancy told me. As we went inside, the Warden was immediately happy to see us both. "Well come on in! Come on in! I've been hearing such positive things about you two.", he said. Yancy and I smiled. Remembering still to stick to the plan. So, without fear, I gave a response. "That's great news! And we really feel rehabilitated after our obnoxious behavior yesterday, Mr. Murder Slaughter.", I said. The Warden gave a hard punch to his desk and said, "Ha! I knew it! I knew it! I'm glad to hear that you two are getting along now." As I kept my smile, Yancy began to speak. "And, we've been thinking... Sir, maybe! Just maybe! Since we've been such joys of good behavior, if we could please perhaps... Be left alone to clean your office head to toe? We promise to make sure it sparkles like a Diamond. So maybe, if that would be alright with you?..." I used my charms on the Warden by dusting his neck a bit with the duster. "Please?...", I said cutely. As I did, the Warden gave me a smile and looked back up. "ABSOLUTELY NOT!", he shouted.