Chapter Fifteen: Freedom Ever After

A Few Months Later...

"Say hello to your daughter, Bella.", the nurse said as she gave my daughter to Yancy. He was crying the moment he held her in his arms. We were at the hospital inside the facility where I found out that my water broke a few hours ago. But it was worth having the process done now than never. We named our daughter after me and my mom's name for her middle; she looked just like her. As Yancy came over to my bed, we both hugged and kissed each other. "She's perfect... Looks exactly like yous.", he said softly to our baby and me. As we kept looking at Bella, the nurse came back in to give me something. It was a letter from the courthouse. "How are you feeling?", she asked me. "Good, thank you.", I replied. As she left the room again, I opened the letter and read what it said. After reading the entire letter, I looked at Yancy. "You're being summoned by the court to apply for parole.", I said. He looked at me with a smile and back at our baby who was crying a bit. Yancy rocked her and cooed to calm her down, and I was laying there smiling at him. I was so happy that things were going to change for us as a family.

Three Months Later...

After packing the last box full of Yancy's belongings, I taped it up and sighed in relief. Today was his eviction day from this prison finally. He was now going to be set free today so he can move into my house. Finally we could start living life together on the outside world. After going through everything around the cell, I heard Bella getting fussy in her crib . I picked her up and bounced her a bit in my arms, as I saw Yancy coming in. "You got the bags inside the car? Because it'll be a few trips back and fourth.", I said. "Yeah, it's all in. I promise starting tomorrow, I'll be going to DMV classes so I can learn how to drive again.", he said while picking up a bottle. I gave him Bella and giggled at his comment. "At least you'll be back in society again", I said as he smiled at me. Afterwards I saw the girls come by and gave me a hug. "We're so happy that you two are going to be living together finally.", Bam-Ban said. "Yeah!", Tiny started. "Though it's going to feel a bit weird without seeing you guys in this prison that much anymore." Me and Yancy giggled at the three of them and hugged them all again. "Hey! We'll still be around. Bella will be working here still, and I'll be coming over to visit either way.", Yancy said. I even agreed with him. Just because we're both not living in prison anymore doesn't mean we're not going to swing by every time we're free. "He's right.", I said while walking up the cell door and turning back at everyone. "This isn't goodbye to us at all. What's better being out there if we have everything we need here: friends, mentors, love, etc. Things outside this place won't make me forget how lucky I was to be with you all. And even though I'm free from my case, that doesn't mean I still have some ideas at mind. Just like what we all agreed on before: we don't want to be free. Right? *Wink*"

The End...