Chapter Nine: New Secrets Unfold

In My Cell:

   Yancy and I were sent back to our cells after what we asked the Warden. Only this time, we were both locked up in our own across from each other with a combination lock. I stood there in fear, looking at the Warden. "Now, let me be clear with you two. You may have impressed us with your good behavior. But we have rules here at Happy Trails Penitentiary... And we will not bend them for ANYONE!", he said out of anger. I honestly couldn't believe that the plan didn't work. Yancy looked over upset; he didn't even look at me. I looked back at the Warden, as he gave me a sarcastic look. "Now, if you two will excuse me, I have a- Um... Dinner! To attend to. Good day!", he said to me once again. As he walked away, I looked at Yancy through the bars. "That was a complete waste of time!", he shouted of anger. "Just keep low still. The files are hidden under your pillow. I'll think of some-", I said. But Yancy cut me off. "No, Buns! Just stop right there! We are just getting ourselves into more and more trouble all because yous want to be set free still." I looked at Yancy confused; I honestly couldn't believe the tone he was giving me. "What are you talking about? I just came back because I want to show that my case is a lie. You actually think I love being here?", I said in anger. Yancy gave me an anger look this time and said, "Yous had one shot last night! And yous blew it on your own! But yous know what? Not a bad idea considering the fact that you're homeless now without a mommy and daddy." I was stunned by what words came out his mouth. I held back my tears and shouted at him this time. "WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT A MOMMY AND DADDY?! YOU F*CKING MURDERED YOURS!" And the moment I said that, Yancy looked really upset this time. I immediately took it too far. He looked up at me with a few tears and said, "Oh... So it's like that is it? First yous landed a few sucker punches on me, and then take advantage of generous offers of assistance. Yous think I'm some kind of baby, do yas? Yous think just because you land a few sucker punches on me means that YOUS CAN LOOK DOWN ON ME?! HUH?!" I looked down to the ground upset and then back at Yancy. "Yancy, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. But I can't do this alone by myself. You're the only guy here who can help me.", I said. He gave me another look and said, "Oh yous just like my mom. Always being so gentle and telling me to follow my hopes and dreams. WELL NOW WHOSE THE ONE DREAMING, MOM?! ALL YOUS DOING THESE DAYS IS DREAMING ABOUT WHAT I DID TO YOUS!" After he shouted, he looked at me again as tears started to go down my face. I grabbed the bars and looked up. "Yancy... We're only stronger together...", I said while having more tears go down. But all he did was just look at me and sighed. "Maybe... I was right about yous. You're completely different from me... Maybe too different that... Maybe... Yous shouldn't be around me anymore..." I closed my eyes tight and began to cry. I really did like him, and now he's giving up on me. But I wasn't going to give up on myself. I wiped away my tears and pulled out something in my pocket. It was Yancy's spoon; I stole it from him. I looked at him and showed it. "Too different, huh?", I said as I made that one big dig in the floor. Once the hole was made, I immediately went in. "Buns! BUNS! Don't! The Warden will catch yous in a second! BUNS!", I heard Yancy shout. But that didn't stop me from going to the office again. I had to figure out this entire case of mine and what secrets are behind it all.

In the Warden's Office:

   I moved the carpet up slowly to see if anyone was in here. Luckily it was completely empty. I got up from the ground to look around the entire office. I didn't even care if I get caught; I just want to prove that I'm innocent. "Damn it! I have to match this all up! How- Huh?", I said to myself. But as I was looking around everywhere, I saw a mini notebook on the desk. And it was still opened. I grabbed the book and read the last page he wrote in it today.

   To finding out how long it's been since I've killed the bitch, to discovering that my daughter is not actually mine. Not to even mention, she's actually here. I've haven't noticed any signs of it until the day I saw her coming in on day one. I want to have the guts to talk to her, but I don't think she'll forgive me for what I have done. Pointing the finger on her, I regret immediately. Finding the will her mother and I signed when we were married before she was born, is something I still need to get rid of. First things first, think of a time to talk to her and ask her for forgiveness for murdering her entire family.

   After reading the entire page, I dropped the book and was immediately confused. The Warden's non-biological daughter is here in the prison because he accused her of a murder he did? This just all didn't make so much sense. I looked at the book again and saw a folded piece of paper come out. I opened and saw that it was a will in there from the girl's mother. And when I saw the signature on it, I dropped the book and froze in shock. Because the signature on it, was my mother's.