Chapter Ten: The Muderer in the Room

This was all too much for me to understand. I cried a bit and kept on thinking about the night of the murder. I just couldn't believe it. "I have to tell Yancy!", I said while grabbing everything I found. I stuffed the notebook and will in my pants and went under the ground again.

Back at my Cell:

   Once I got back up, I saw that my cell door was opened for some reason. But whatever it was, I went out and saw Yancy. He was not looking at me though. "Yancy! I have to tell you something! We need to get out of this place for real now! I need you to give me my file!", I said. But as he turned around, I saw that his wrists were tied up and he had tape on his mouth. He even had a black eye that was throbbing badly with blood going down. I looked at him in shock and saw that he was scared of something. "RUN!", he muttered under the tape. "What- AH!", I asked. But as I did, I felt something hit me behind my head hard. I fell to the ground and immediately saw black.

Somewhere in the Prison:

   I woke up with pain on the back of my head; in a dark room that looked like somewhere else in the prison. I wanted to rub my head, but I couldn't. I was sitting in a chair and felt stuck. My arms were tied behind my back to a very long rope, and so were my legs. I struggled to get free, but then I saw Yancy sitting right across from me. He was in the same position, too. The tape was taken off his mouth, but his eye was still in bad condition. "Yancy, what's going on?", I asked. He looked up at me and said, "He's your parents murderer, Buns..." And as he said that, I felt someone coming from behind me. The Warden looked at my face and I gave him a look. "I tried to be nice to you, Ms. Milden. And you too, Yancy. But you two just had to be so difficult, now had ya?", he said. As he backed away to a window, I struggled still to get free. "Sir why are you doing this? And why did you do it? Why?! WHY?!", I shouted. But all he did was look out the window. But then he began to speak. "Why?... That's exactly what I asked her. Twenty years ago, I was heartbroken when I found out that she cheated on me and never came back to me. I've struggled all my life to control my revenge, until that one day I found out her location. With that son of a bitch she was seeing; your father. I'm the kind of man that I said I was. But I knew that I had to lay low to the ground. So to cover up my fingerprints, I wore your winter gloves while stabbing them to death. Just so that way no one would suspect me or anything." I listened in to what he said and couldn't believe it. He was all upset with my mom and dad all because she secretly cheated and left him. At the same time I kind of felt bad but also angry. I looked down at the ground for a second and had a few of my tears drip on the floor. The Warden then turned to Yancy and said, "Isn't it ironic, Yancy? It's almost as close to what you're here for. However.... I was the bar tender that gave you that drug in order to kill your parents." Yancy's eyes opened up wide and so did his jaw. "W-What?! I was- The night of- That was yo- YOUS MADE ME MURDER MINE?!", he shouted while trying to move out of his chair. The Warden gave out a chuckle and looked closely at Yancy. "Ironically, they were friends with the girl's family too. Aka, the girl who is sitting right next to you. They kept where they were hiding a secret. So I figure that the only person that would be able to get rid of them from stopping me, is their own son.", he said. I was completely in shock at this point. I honestly couldn't believe that this was all real, and really happening. "You f*cking monster!", I shouted. "You're not going to get away with this! Once the law finds out what you've been up to, it's over for you!" But all the Warden did was smile and came right up to me. "Didn't I tell you both? No one in this prison doesn't give in for anyone. Neither do I. You'll soon be set free, and as for him..... I hope you like your boyfriend fried by electricity on death row.", he whispered to me. Yancy overheard and was immediately trying to get out. "WHAT?!", he shouted. "That's right! As the head of this prison and with complete control on the law itself, I here by sentence you to death tomorrow night in the electric chair!", the Warden said. I gasped in fear, and Yancy was immediately scared and struggling to get free from his ropes. So did I. "No! You can't do this!", I shouted. But when I did, the Warden smiled and put his index finger on my chin. "Get you hands off her!", Yancy yelled. But the Warden ignored him and kept his eyes on me. "Don't you worry now, my dear... You'll be with your family again soon. Just need to begin the PROCESS!" And the moment he said that I immediately scared in pain. He stabbed me in the side so hard with a knife. I coughed out blood as he used the knife to cut my ropes. I fell to the floor in immediately pain. "BELLA! NO! YOU'RE DEAD, YOUS SON OF-", Yancy screamed till the Warden cut him off. "Ah, ah, ah~ Language there! I save your breath for your last words. Boys! Take him to the cell under maximum security. Tomorrow he'll be dead as a door nail." As I continued to lay on the ground and bleed to death, I saw two guys (that weren't officers; they look like men from a gang) come in and they grabbed Yancy by force to take him out the room. He struggled to get free, but he wasn't strong enough while being tied to a chair. As I saw him leave, I looked at the Warden and gave him a look. "You're not getting away with this...", I hissed. But all he did was laugh and walked out the door so he can leave me for dead. "I think I already have...", he said as he slammed the door shut. I even heard him lock it. I was now alone in the dark room. Bleeding to death and tearing up over loosing Yancy. I knew I had to get out of here, but how? As I thought to myself before feeling unconscious, I saw a bright light shine in the middle of the room. I opened my eyes and couldn't believe it. "Mom?", I said.