08

Harry Styles

I don't know why my first thought was to drive to my manager's house, as if he'd be able to turn back time and change the fact I said that to Penelope, but here I am, parked on his driveway.

The very second those words left my mouth, I regretted it. I shouldn't have said that to Penelope, especially not after making a big deal out of her and Timmy, and especially not when the thought of her being remotely close to him makes me ill. She was right, I shouldn't have taken my shitty day out on her, and maybe now I'm starting to realise I've been too hard on her.

Filming opposite her has proven to me that I was in fact hard on her for no reason. She's a great actress, one that doesn't need to fuck her way up to the top. I don't know why I even said that, I shouldn't have. Besides, it's not entirely accurate either. Timmys my friend, but fucking him would get her nowhere the top.

Gary answered his door, to which I just invited myself inside and tossed myself down on his living room couch. His two kids Meredith and Michael were playing on the rug, wondering why I had just stormed in here, but they both love me so I don't think they minded.

"Hey kids," I said, both of them waved back with excited little faces. "How are yous? Good? Yeah, well I'm not. Wanna give me some advice?"

They both nodded, but Gary was still frozen in place at his door, wondering what the fuck was going on. To be honest, I was too, and I've no clue how these kids could help me at all. One thing about kids their age though, is that they don't lie, or sugar coat things.

Gary wandered over and sat on the couch, "what are you doing here? What've you done now?"

"Nothing! Well..." I paused, looking at his two kids who were listening into my troubles now, hopefully to give me their advice. "If I have made a girl angry, because I wasn't very nice, and said something mean, what should I do? Do I have to say sorry? Because that's...weird."

"Since when have you ever cared about a-"

"Penelope." I interrupted him, rolling my eyes, but me confirming it was Penelope helped him understand why it's important we're on good terms. It just makes filming a living hell if she hates me more than she does already. "What'd you think?"

"Say sorry." Michael said.

"Yeah, she might be sad." Meredith chipped in.

"What did you say?" Gary asked me. I gritted my teeth and looked at his two young children who probably don't want to hear what it is I was going to say. "Cover your ears kids, two seconds...okay speak."

"Told her to fuck her way to the top and she's too big for her boots...but she was annoying me." I tried to justify it, but Gary looked at me like I was a damn murderer.

Then he got up and wandered to the kitchen, just left me there with his kids. I didn't mind though, they're real cute so I shuffled down off the couch and sat with them. Michael was playing with Lego and Meredith too, both building completely different things so I decided to play along and build a huge tower.

Gary likes Penelope, used to always tell me he was great and that he's a big fan of one of her films. That's probably why he's stormed off, always telling me to go easy on her but I don't go easy on anyone. If they can't take the pressure then why did they start working in this industry?

Penelope is no different, but she can handle the pressure. She fights back, and she isn't afraid to speak her mind. I've not met a girl like her and I think that's the problem. I don't know how to react and when I do, it always seems to be the wrong way.