36

Harry Styles

Penelope Atwoods is the finest woman alive, no doubt about it.

Penelope is wearing this stunning, white dress with gold detailing, which was Greek inspired. She looks like she's walked right out of some beautifully written Greek retelling, in which she'd be some Greek goddess having everyone gal at her feet. Even in her hair, she has some golden flowers sitting on top of the updo at the back of her head, and there is some gold on her eyelids too. It makes her eyes stand out, not that she needs makeup to do that.

I've not seen her since I showed up at her house and she told me she'd play happy family's tonight, and then this would be it. It fucking pains me to think tonight could be the last time I get to have her close to me, and knowing it's all an act makes it so much worse.

My suit for tonight is a regular black one, with gold detailing and gold boots. The shirt for the suit is black too, and I've even got a waistcoat which isn't something I usually go for. Tonight however, I kept my top few buttons undone, because I wasn't wearing a tie. They picked out a golden one to match the suit, but I chose not to wear it.

According to Gary, Smithy and him have sensed some tension between Penelope and I, so they've given us an elevator ride to sort that out before we get into the taxi to arrive together, to pretend like we're two people falling for one another again. Now I'm waiting outside this elevator waiting for her to come out, because we've been told to settle the tension, however I wouldn't even be surprised if Penelope opted for the stairs instead.

Each time I'd hear a door open my heart would stop, only for me to be greeted with someone from the hotel, or a person staying there, or one of the makeup people, and it fucking sucked because all I want to see right now is her. She's all I've wanted to see for days and I haven't been able to because I let my jealousy get in the way of things.

When she finally did make an appearance, walked down the hall to meet me at the elevator door, she barely even looked at me. That hurt, but I deserved it. The two of us stepped into the metal box to take us down from the sixteenth floor, and we let the silence consume us, eat us alive.

"No tie?" Penelope asked as she looked at my outfit briefly, fiddling with the delicate gold bracelet around her wrist.

"Didn't have anyone to tie it for me."

Finally, she turned to face me, her eyes met mine as the gold on her eyelids shimmered, and it was a look full of sorrow. I felt nervous, just with her looking at me like that, because Penelope is drop dead gorgeous and I was punching a weight above my own with her. Knowing I've messed things up to a point where she looks at me like that, sucks.

"Do you have the tie?" She asked, her pretty eyes darting around from wall to wall in this elevator.

"I erm...left it in the room," I replied nervously.

I should've taken the tie.

Penelope never replied verbally, instead she nodded her head and turned away from me, biting her lip and continuing to fiddle with the bracelet. She's nervous, I can tell by a mile away. She was so anxious when we went to the last premier as guests, now this is all about her, she's the lead in the film.

We'll be the last to arrive. We've just got to get a few pictures of us and the rest of the cast, then we head inside, do a little speech, and watch the film. There's an after party after, for everyone involved with the film too, so maybe I'll see Penelope there too. I hope I do.

The door opened and like a gentleman, I let her step out first. Smithy met her there, and Gary looked at me as if to ask whether we'd sorted things. I never gave an answer though, the four of us headed to the taxi outside and shared a very long, silent, painfully awkward car journey to the red carpet.