45

Harry Styles

Heaven.

I woke up this morning, and I thought I was in heaven. Penelope was next to me, facing me with her eyes closed, lips parted ever so slightly and one singular curl falling over her face. She had a hand on my bare chest, and I thought that was dead cute. She smiles in her sleep too, which is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

My phone rang, so I hopped out of bed and ran over so it didn't wake sleeping beauty in my bed up, but it was just Gary. He asked me to go round to his as soon as I could, but I explained that I was a little busy and hung up. I'll go and see him later, but for now, I'm busy.

For the first time in my life, I'm waking up next to the woman I love, the love of my life, and she loves me too. This Morning could be the first of many, waking up next to the first and last woman to make me a boyfriend.

I boiled the kettle and went to make two cups of tea, and as I waited for it to boil, I tiptoed back to check she was still asleep, and thankfully, she was. She looks so beautiful, it makes my heart feel all funny. The happiness I feel right now, knowing I've got her back, and she loves me, and I'll get to wake up seeing her asleep next to me forever, it's like nothing I've ever felt before.

The kettle boiled and this time, I rejoined my Penny in bed with two cups of tea, one for her when she finally woke up, which didn't appear to be that long. As soon as she felt my weight on the mattress next to her and I shifted the duvet so I could slide in beside her, she woke up.

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you, sunbeam," I whispered, kissing her forehead as she yawned and sat up with his back against my headboard like me. I passed her over a cup of tea, and her eyes lit up. "Tea for two, in bed. How am I doing at this boyfriend stuff so far? This a good start Penny pie?"

"Mhm," she mumbled, taking a sip and resting her head on my shoulder. "Good start."

"I slept like a baby, which is science, you know. What's the happy thing in your brain? Serotonin? That." I explained, "apparently when you sleep next to someone you love it makes you have more serotonin? That sound scientific to you? You into smart guys? 'Cause I'm smart."

"It's too early for-"

"It's 9.30!" I interrupted her, to which she just rolled her eyes and rested her head on my shoulder. "Baby's not a morning person, noted. That mean we can lie in bed all day, just me and you?"

Penelope didn't give me a verbal answer, so I just took that as a yes and rested my head on top of hers. However it wasn't until she started breathing a little more heavily that I looked down at her, only to see her eyes closed once again. I couldn't tell whether she had fallen back asleep or not, but either way it made me smile.

"You sleeping again?" I asked, giving her a little nudge, one that didn't gain a response. "Sleepy girl."

"I'm not sleeping," Penelope mumbled. "My eyes are just closed."

"Okay sweetheart," I laughed, "whatever you say, pretty lady."

***

Penelope fell back asleep again, but I didn't mind, it meant I got to lie with her for an extra half an hour.

She woke up and we sat at my kitchen table, had a slice of toast and a coffee. Penelope just had butter on her toast but I had some chocolate spread. She said she doesn't like sweet stuff in the morning, which is exactly the opposite of me. I love sweet stuff in the morning, especially Penelope, she's my favourite sweet thing, my first choice.