42

Harry Styles

Day four, and I really tried to put a lot of thought into this one.

I'm taking her to the theatre, the show was sold out but I had to literally beg, get on my hands and knees at the ticket desk and get another two tickets. They might not be the best seats, I don't really know, but it's the best I could do.

Tomorrow's the last day I have to try and win her back, and the thought of that has me shaking with nerves. I can't lose her. Never in my life have I felt This way for somebody and I just can't kiss that goodbye. I miss waking up next to her, I miss spending whole days with her rather than just a few hours in the evening, but that's my own fault I guess.

I put on a pair of navy trousers, ones that are really well fitted because I stole them from some magazine shoot I did a few years ago, somehow they still fit. I went for a white silk shirt too, left the top few buttons undone because unless I've got Penny doing a tie for me, I don't like having them fully fastened.

Driving to hers, I felt ridiculously nervous, because after tonight, all I have is tomorrow and if she doesn't give me another chance, then this is all over. I'll never get to wake up next to her again and the thought of that completely shatters my heart. At least if that happens, I know I've spent these five days appreciating her like no other.

Penelope opened the door right as I went to knock, that same sweet little grin on her face which melts my heart. I've never laid my eyes on a woman as gorgeous as her, she has such a unique beauty, and the fact she does as much as offer me a little fraction of her time makes me the luckiest man in the universe.

"Good evening sugar," I greeted her, "you look absolutely marvellous, who's the lucky guy? Is it me?"

"Shut up," Penelope chuckled as she locked her door.

"Why'd you not wear blue? We could've been matching!" I gave her a little nudge, "Poor show, you wore blue yesterday."

"Exactly." She said, linking her arm with mine so we could walk to my car. "Can't do blue two days in a row."

"Says who, fashion police?" I asked, "tell the pigs to sack it, you look pretty in blue, and purple. I like the purple too, hey! Pretty Penny pretty in purple! Told you I like alliteration."

Penelope sat down in my car, shaking her head at me and I wasn't sure if that was because of my shit joke or because I called her pretty Penny, I've not done that since we were on good terms. I miss it, I miss calling her the first name that came to mind, and waiting to see the look on her face. I miss her. I miss us.

The other day when I took her to the beach, we were watching the sunset and I was telling her about the dream I had when we lived together. That was a combination of a few. I remember the first time I stayed over with her, I woke up and she was still fast asleep. I had to sneak downstairs and make a cup of tea to bring up to her and whilst waiting for that kettle to boil, all I could think about was doing that same thing fifty years from then, both of us old and wrinkly.

Sometimes when she's sitting there in my passenger seat, I'm thinking of all the road trips we'd go on together, romantic getaways and little rendezvous. She's a better person than I am. Every person she speaks to, she talks to like a friend, she has so much time for everyone and whilst that makes her the total opposite of me, it's why I'm so obsessed with her. She's perfect, the closest thing to it.

She makes me want to be a better person, makes me want to talk to everyone like I'm their friend. My mums been trying to get me to drop the whole 'asshole playboy' act for years, and suddenly Penelope walks into my life and that's it, I want to be a better person.