Bonus Days

(Y/n, Ayano, and Info~Chan POV)

(Y/n POV)

I sat at a bench in public. Thinking about what happened yesterday.

"...Osana..." I said softly then I sighed.

A person with a box of something walked by, but I just ignored her. But then, she came back towards me.

"U-um...excuse me..." the girl said as she sat down right next to me.

I turned to look at her. She had a white bandanna, light brown hair, and aquamarine eyes. She looked like someone from the Cooking Club.

"I couldn't help but notice that you seem quite sad about something. Would you...like to talk about it?" she asked.

"...huh? Um...have we...met before?" I asked.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" she exclaimed.

"My name is Amai Odayaka. We go to the same school." she answered.

"I'm sorry if it's strange that I approached you so suddenly. When I see a sad face, I can't help but try to make things better," she said.

"So, what's wrong?" she asked.

I looked down at the ground.

"For a long time. I thought I might have feelings for my childhood friend, Osana. But, recently...we've had such a hard time getting along with one another. Yesterday, she confessed that she had strong feelings for me. I couldn't bring myself to accept her feelings, since I was worried we wouldn't be able to make it work. And now...I keep asking myself if I really made the right choice or not." I explained.

"O-oh...I...I'm so sorry to hear about that...I...I can't imagine what that must be like..." she said.

"Hey...it's not much," she said as she opened the box, "but...maybe this will take your mind off of it for a moment?"

I looked to see the box full of cupcakes.

"Oh...um...thank you." I answered as I went to take one.

"Go ahead, take one!" she said.

I took one bite out of one. I was really good. It felt like I never had something sweet before.

"Mm...it's good!" I said.

Amai giggled, "Of course! Nobody makes better pastries than my mom and dad!"

I took a few more bites.

"Actually, I'm heading to my parents' bakery right now. Would you like to come with me? It'll take your mind off of things for a while!" she offered.

"Oh...no, it's okay...I wouldn't want to be a bother..." I answered.

"It wouldn't be a bother at all! If I just leave you here, I'll worry about you!" she exclaimed.

"Heh. Well...I guess it would be better than moping around. Okay...sure. I'll come with you." I said.

"Then let's get going!" she said.

We were talking about some stuff in the bakery.

(Info~Chan)

When I was walking I saw Yan~Chan's Senpai in the bakery talking to Amai. I just stood there watching them. I took a photo of Y/n and Amai talking together. I waited until next week. To tell Yan~Chan.

(Ayano POV)

I put my hand on a picture of Senpai.

"You're safe now," I said.

I heard my phone buzzing. It was a message from Info~Chan.

(On the phone)

Info: Congratulations on eliminating Osana~Chan. I didn't expect you to get rid of her that way...but I suppose it works.

Ayano: Disappointed? Were you hoping to see something more violent?

Info: Oh, "disappointed" wouldn't be the right word. Just...surprised. That's all. But that's not why I'm contacting you today. I've learned something that I think you'd like to be aware of. Take a look at this.

Info~Chan sent me a photo of my Senpai and another girl together.

Ayano: Who is she?

Info: Her name is Amai Odayaka. She's the leader of the Cooking Club at Akademi - and she's been getting quite cozy with your Senpai lately. She's fallen for her...hard. She's quite enamored with the cherry tree myth, so I'm pretty sure she'll be confessing to her this Friday. Rotten luck, huh? Right after saving Senpai from Osana, another girl shows up to steal her from you...

Ayano: Stop playing games. Get to the point.

Info: No games ; it's simple. I want to see Amai suffer, and I think you're the best person for this job. That's all.

Ayano: Is that really what this is all about? You just want to see girls suffer?

Info: It's a bit more complex than that...but let's keep things simple for now. Remember - you have until Friday to deal with your new rival. Eliminate her, or Senpai will never belong to you.

Ayano: She already belongs to me. She just doesn't know it yet...

To be continued...