Fear Her

Here, we learn just which of the five senses is Ali's strong suit. :P And Blondes United works really well together to save the day. Thanks to @JodietheWriter for doing fan art for the 10s and Rose! You are awesome!

Enjoy "Fear Her!"

***

The Doctor landed the TARDIS with a smile. "Here we are!" he beamed, heading for the doors.

"Where?" Rose asked, running after him.

"It's a surprise!"

The Alchemist took a look at the scanner, then raised an eyebrow and looked over. "Don't go out there."

"Why n - " The Doctor opened the door and nearly ran into a cargo container. "Ah," he said meekly.

The Alchemist sniggered as he closed the doors, and she adjusted the TARDIS. "There you go."

Rose laughed as the Doctor stepped out. "Ah!" he said happily.

"So, near future, yeah?" Rose asked, looking at a poster nearby.

"I had a passing fancy," the Doctor nodded, taking the Alchemist's hand as they walked, she using her other hand to lower her sunglasses over her eyes. "Only it didn't pass. It stopped." He smiled when Rose took in the banner above one of the roads. "Thirtieth Olympiad."

"No way!" Rose cheered, jumping up and down in excitement. "Why didn't I think of this? That's great!"

"Only seems like yesterday a few naked Greek blokes were tossing a discus about wresting each other in the sand with crowds stood and baying."

"Doctor?" The Alchemist smirked. "That was Club Med." He scowled at her as Rose giggled. "Anyway, we're in time for the opening ceremony."

"Last one they had in London was dynamite," the Doctor smiled. "Wembley, 1948. I loved it so much, I went back and watched it all over again. Fella carrying the torch. Lovely chap. What was his . . . " He tilted his head. "Mark? John? Mark? Legs like pipe cleaners, but strong as a whippet."

"John Mark," the Alchemist nodded.

"Doctor?" Rose called from by one of the lampposts.

"And in those days, everybody had a tea party to go to," the Doctor continued.

"Doctor!"

"Did you ever have one of those little cakes with the crunchy ball bearings on top?"

The Alchemist frowned and walked over to Rose and took a look at the missing poster. She raised an eyebrow, then looked over at her Bonded. "You really should look at this, Doctor."

"Do you know those things?" the Doctor asked, walking over. "Nobody else in this entire galaxy's ever even bothered to make edible ball bearings. Genius!" He paused, looking at the posters. "What's taking them, do you think?" he asked. "Snatching children from a thoroughly ordinary street like this."

"It's colder than the others streets," the Alchemist noted, shivering and buttoning up her jacket. "Why's it so cold?"

"It says they all went missing this week," Rose added. "Why would a person do something like this?"

"What makes you think it's a person?" the Doctor asked.

The Alchemist lifted up her glasses and frowned as a woman hurriedly deposited her rubbish before going inside quickly. "Well, whatever this is, it's got the whole street scared to . . . death . . . " She sighed. "He's gone, isn't he?"