Chapter 02 :: Aurora and the fortress of trust issues

Altas POV:

There she is. Aurora Esposito.

The love of my life. The most beautiful girl ever. She has long dirty blonde wavy hair. Her skin is as smooth as silk, almost like a porcelain doll, her cheeks are a rosy pink and she has light freckles on her nose and under her hazel green eyes.

Her smile is the most breathtaking sight to see, it lights the room and fills the darkest dwellings with a beautiful glow that radiates from her. Her smile leaves me breathless, speechless, with heart-pounding, deep breaths, and shaky hands.

Her smile is truly beautiful. Her voice is soft as summer rain. Her touch gave me chills, it made the hair on my arm stand up. Her lips felt like the inside of a rose

Her smell made me feel as if I were at home after being away for a long time, being in her presence gave me a sense of safety and that for once nothing else in the world seemed to matter. It all started when Aurora was being bullied.

In the middle of a snowy street, Aurora found herself the target of a group of bullies. The boys called Aurora a monster because of the scar on her wrist, tormenting her while she cried, and that was when I stepped in.

I remember how she. She had trust issues. She was like snow. beautiful at first glance, but cold and pitiful to the touch. but the longer you hold snow the more it begins to melt in your palms. and I knew that. I knew that if I held onto her, her walls would come down, and her merciless facade would disappear. so I waited. I waited for her. and sure enough, she melted. and it was all because of me.

As she entered the café, I stood up giving her a beaming smile as I pulled a chair for her not before, giving her a tight warm hug. Gosh! She smells so good. "Thank you for waiting," she said as she smiled. Her smile was like a sudden beam of sunlight illuminating the darkest corners of the room.

I noticed the changes in her words. Usually, she would say "Sorry for making you wait". Surprisingly, she seemed in a good mood too. "With pleasure" I replied.

"Excuse me, sweethearts, what would like to order?" An old lady asked interrupting our fascinating chatter. " A mocha chip frappuccino, change milk to soy milk, two extra espresso shots, two pumps of caramel syrup, and three pumps of mocha syrup. Minus the whipped cream and just half the chocolate chips," she said in one breath.

"Same for me and 2 chocolate cakes and make sure they're peanuts free," I said as a recalled Aurora taking a liking to them. The old lady left with a pleasant smile. I then turned to look at Aurora.

Only to find her looking at me with affection-filled eyes. We talked over some silly topics. Our order arrived.

She got a call from of course - annoying Luca. She hung up her phone and took a sip of her coffee. "He's not pleased, huh?" Aurora jumped in her seat. "Shit...you nearly gave me a heart attack." I laughed as Laura calmed down.

"Are you excited?" I asked as
she laughed, "Pretty much!!" She confessed, causing me to smile. Omg! I love this girl so much!! She took another sip of her coffee before responding,

"Anyway, here's the book you asked for."
"I owe you. Let me know if you want anything. " She nodded in agreement while drinking her coffee. "So, since we're here...wanna meet for lunch? There's a good diner not far from here" "Sure, let's meet up at 2"

"Can you drop me off at the nearby library?" She pleaded. "Yeah, sure let me come with you" "Thanks for breakfast, creampuff." I spoke "No problem. Thanks for inviting"

-

Unknown POV

I saw as a boy pulled a seat for her- giving her a tight hug, he pulled a chair for her. ' It's her. It's definitely her.' I thought as she removed her mask. Omg! I need to call them and especially him. Gosh! The way she giggles. I'm jealous- this guy shouldn't be making her laugh, We should.