six

Peter shortened the story. In fact he only said, "Oh, Professor McGonagall heard James say something inappropriate."

Actually he said, "James did something James would do."

Marianne chuckled, wanting to know more of the story but didn't pry because either way it would be stupid as they were talking about James.

The two made it to Herbology, stood next to each other as they whispered lowly to talk over the boring lesson Marianne didn't even remember.

That was very un-Marianne. She loved Herbology, she wouldn't miss a single lesson. Even while talking , she would always listen. But she shrugged it off today, 'I'm a herbology master! One lesson won't mean nothing.'

After class, without no knowledge of what was even discussed, Peter and Marianne were still entangled in a deep conversation with fits of giggles and eyes that shone brighter than the moon on a starry night.

"I've heard we can go to Hogsmaede this weekend, would you like to...you know..." Peter shyly asked, scratching his cheeks.

Marianne smiled even wider than she was already smiling, "Oh yes, of course Pete." she chuckled.

She checked her timetable and he showed her his. They have different classes from then on.

Peter pouted playfully which made Marianne roll her eyes sarcastically.

"I'll see you at lunch yeah?" she smiled softly. Peter nods, smiling back.

Marianne did the bravest thing the first week of getting to know her crush and pecked his cheeks, before slyly, and embarrassedly(In a good way!) walking away, wobbling like a penguin as the mere thought that she kissed his cheeks made her feel giddy and lose all sense to walk properly.

'Oh Merlins, Marianne! He might hate you now! That was too soon and uncalled for! Stupid!' she scolded herself but a faint smile never disappeared as she walked to Charms.

Peter watched her disappear with the crowd of students walking to their classes. Turning red by the seconds passing as he slowly raised a hand to his cheeks. A wide grin began to paint itself on his face as he couldn't help but laugh softly to himself. Turning his back to walk to potions a bit more energetic, and confident as he bounced and fist pumps the air. Second week in Hogwarts is turning up to be better than expected/wanted.

Wyatt impatiently waited for Marianne. His first class was a bore especially as she wasn't with him but surely second class would be spent together. His complexation lit up when he saw her enter the room, his face dropping for a second to see her all giddy, 'Wonder what she's so happy about' he thought.

"Marianne." He called out as she almost walked passed him, weird. Marianne looked up to Wyatt and the grin she was wearing widened. "Wyatt! Hi." she greets.

"Hey, what're you smiling so wide for?" He raised an eyebrow, a slight smirk playing on his lips.

"Oh, oh it's— erm its nothing." She giggled, waving her hand around to dismiss her earlier giddiness, pushing a strand of hair behind her ears. Wyatt wanted to ask her, to get another answer but he decided against it instead he doubted himself, 'usually she'll tell me in an instant'.

He nudged off the feeling that it must be because of Peter. But who was he to be jealous of Peter with Marianne, he knew she liked her, she never confirmed it, but the way she looked at Peter could say everything she can't express. He hoped Marianne looked at him more better than she looks at Peter.

Marianne was a quick denier when it comes to romantic feelings. She never felt the need to be open with who she loves and who loves her, it would be less drama and noise to be private about your love life. And short on the stories to tell when someone ask, "Why him?".

He didn't know why he boiled of an unknown feeling known as envy whenever he sees Marianne preferred the company of Peter.

He watched her quietly as she spoke fondly of Herbology, a tint of red on her cheeks. Maybe she enjoys Herbology a lot, common knowledge, but her cheeks never turned red when she talks about it.

Marianne could be easily mistaken as a Hufflepuff, she was sweet, and smart and kind and polite, and shy and timid and reserved. James wondered if thats why Peter liked her, other than her beauty of course.

Peter had always mentioned Hufflepuff girl's being the prettiest in all of Hogwarts when they once got into that topic.

James couldn't quite put his fingers on it— when he changes his glance from Wyatt staring at Peter with a disapproving look, Peter who conversed naturally happy with Marianne, who looked absolutely delighted to be even next to Peter— oh wait he can! A love triangle!

He noticed the furrowed eyebrows of Wyatt, as he watched Marianne almost ignore his existence while she talked happily to Peter could indicate he has some sort if feelings for her, but him shaking his head ever two seconds or so after he catches himself staring says that he himself doesn't even know it.

Now Marianne and Peter are surely in love with each other.

Marianne was always glowing, but she glowed brightly more under Peter. She was more open than you think she would be.

And Peter had never smiled that much in his whole life time. Seriously, their cheeks would crumble sooner or later, hell, James was starting to notice cracks.

But then there's that side glance Marianne would give Wyatt, but maybe he's just looking too deep into it.

But one thing's for sure, Wyatt liked Marianne, but Marianne likes Peter.

That smells like trouble.