twelve

"Is Wyatt Oliver there?"

Remus asked the ginger who left the dorm he was approaching. He shrugged and nodded, "yeah mate."

Remus smiled and nodded, "thanks."

Remus knocked on the door he had pointed earlier, and Wyatt opened it, "What?" he frowned.

"Just checking in on you." Remus shrugged.

"You don't have to."
"Why not? We're friends."

Friends. The words played with Wyatt's head for a bit, he still couldn't process the fact that they're friends. That it's not just him and Marianne.

"What do you want, Remus?" he sang, pinching the bridge of his nose, before looking back up at Remus with a sarcastic smile.

"We're you offended that Marianne had casted a patrunos because she thought of Peter and not you?" Remus tilts his head slightly.

Wyatt scowled at him, about to slam the door on his face but Remus was quick to place his foot to keep it open.

"I thought so." He smiled at a fuming Wyatt, pushing the door open and welcoming himself inside the boys dorm.

"You like Marianne." Remus said, turning around to see Wyatt still standing by the door, staring down. He eyed him and saw how his hands balled into fists.

Remus sighed, sitting on the edge of a bed next to him.

"You can talk to me, you know. I'm the only decent one of the group, you know that." he chuckled of assurance. "Anything said between us shall stay between us."

Wyatt didn't trust him, but he was so nice and welcoming of him. It was true, he wasn't like the other marauders, he cares and thinks of his words before talking and he tries to understand.

Wyatt slowly closed the door and exhaled, shaking his head before sitting at the edge of the bed in front Remus.

"So what, maybe I do like Marianne." he finally admits.

Remus weakly smiled and nodded, Wyatt fidgeting with his thumbs.

"I- I don't know- I know she likes, I know she liked Peter but it's still, it's still so hard to believe that they've quickly got into a relationship in only one? two months of talking." Wyatt said.

He sniffed a bit, "I feel selfish that I'm gonna say this but it feels like Peter's been stealing Marianne from me. Marianne would at least leave a notice she'll be busy, I wait for her everyday and I always see her with Peter and it breaks my heart. Even if I didn't like her it's still a bit...betraying?

   Like, who wouldn't feel mad and ignored when your best friend starts ignoring you for their crush. I should be happy, but I'm not, because I thought it was jealousy at first, but the more I look at it, I feel that I am mad because it's like i'm getting replaced."

Remus smiled weakly, feeling bad for poor old Wyatt. It was true, the more Peter and Marianne hung out the more Marianne seemed to forget about Wyatt. And he understands his reaction.

"Wyatt, you know we're here for you right?" Remus said. "I'm here for you."

"I'm here to listen to you and give you advice and help you in class and be your friend." Remus said.

"I- I know, Remus." Wyatt sighed, finally looking up to Remus. "It's still hard for me to process, you know, it's not everyday someone suddenly becomes friends with— well, you know.."

"It was always you and Marianne." Remus smiled softly.

"What do I do Remus? She probably hates me." Wyatt winced.

"Talk to her, Wyatt. She has the rights to know how you feel and you have the rights to hear her out." Remus adviced. "Seriously, a lot of things can be fixed if people just talked."

Wyatt looked up to him once more and for the first time in a while, he smiled. He smiled, thankful someone listened. Someone understands.

"Thank you, Remus, I can't even begin to tell you how I needed it."

"You know, Grumps, you're actually a nice person."
Remus chuckled.

Wyatt's face dropped a bit, "Grumps?"

"Marauder nickname. James thought of it." Remus grinned, shrugging.

"Oh, of course." Wyatt tried to be mad that the nickname they've chosen for him was... Grumps... but he wasn't. His scowl slowly faded as he began to laugh. Remus smiled widely.

Wyatt was a man of many things, and all he ever needed was someone to talk to.

"Merlins, I feel everyone needs a Remus." Wyatt smiled.

Remus pouts his lips and dramatically placed a hand on his chest, "Aw, Wyatt." he whined.

Wyatt rolled his eyes, "Shut up."

"Now come on, they're probably waiting for us at dinner. Say, will you be staying for the Holidays?"