Chapter 7: An encounter with a demon slayer

A few hours had passed. Elizabeth was still sitting at the table. She was polishing her gun. "Where did I even get this," Elizabeth thought to herself. The father looked at Elizabeth. "Hey Hibiki, where did you get that gun," He asked. Elizabeth looked at the gun harder, squinting her eyes. "I can't remember. Maybe it was a gift or something," Elizabeth said. The father placed his hand on Elizabeth's arm. "I'm sure your memory will be back soon," The father said. "Thank you," Elizabeth said with a smile. Elizabeth opened the barrel of the gun, letting the bullets hit the table. "Is there any way to kill these demons," Elizabeth asked. The father watched the remaining bullets hit the table. "There only two ways to kill a demon is by exposing them to sunlight or cutting their heads off with a nichirin blade," The father said. Elizabeth moved her head to the side with interest. "How do I get a nichirin blade," She asked. The father looked nervous. "The only way to get a nichirin blade is to become a demon slayer," He said. Suddenly, Natsuki walked in with what seemed like warm clothes. "Hey Hibiki? I know this is a lot to ask but, could you get some firewood ," Natsuki asked. Elizabeth stood up and put the clothes on. She placed her gun inside her kimono. "Yeah. I can do that," Elizabeth said. Natsuki scratched the back of her head. "You really don't have to," Natsuki said. Elizabeth hugged Natsuki. "Let me do this. This is my thank you for letting me stay here," Elizabeth said. Natsuki patted Elizabeth's head. She then handed Elizabeth a large sack. "You can put the wood in this sack," Natsuki said. Elizabeth began walking towards the door. "I'll be off then," Elizabeth said. "Come back safe," Natsuki said. Elizabeth opened the door and waved before leaving. About an hour had passed. Elizabeth was still chopping wood. She stood up straight and wiped her forehead. "Wow! This sure is some hard labor. Still, it's easier than compared to home," Elizabeth said. Suddenly, she heard a bloodcurdling scream. She stood bolt upright and turned around. "What was that? I should check to see if they're okay," Elizabeth said. Elizabeth began running with an axe in hand. After a few minutes, Elizabeth was still running. She was getting tired but she wasn't gonna slow down. She looked absolutely terrified. "I really hope they're okay," She said to herself. As she stopped running, she found the body of a girl. Elizabeth looked devastated. "I'm too late, aren't I," Elizabeth said in a sad tone. Elizabeth looked closer at the clothes that the girl was wearing. "Wait a minute," Elizabeth said. Elizabeth crouched down. "This is the demon slayer uniform," Elizabeth said. She looked beside the girl. "It's her nichirin blade," Elizabeth said. Elizabeth picked up the blade. "It looks cool," Elizabeth said. The blade was dark red with a claw pattern. Elizabeth looked back at the girl. "I should probably check to see if the girl is still alive," Elizabeth said. Elizabeth gently placed two fingers on the girl's neck. Elizabeth's eyes widened. "She's actually alive!? I've gotta save her," Elizabeth said. Elizabeth placed both of her hands above the girl's stomach. A bright light appeared and all the girl's wounds were healed instantly. Although, the girl was still unconscious. "Okay. She should live now," Elizabeth said.