Chapter 4 (Rainy Day)

"That's all for today class dismissed and Class rep don't forget the papers for tomorrow"

"Yes maam! Got it covered"

"Goodbye and Goodluck tomorrow "

"Yes maam!"

"Whew..It sure is raining cats and dogs today I wonder if I bought my umbrella" [Hitomi]

[Checks bag and doesn't see one]

Hitomi always brings umbrella in her bag, sometimes bringing two in case if others forgot theirs. That's how thoughtful she is but somehow she doesn't have one today. She was busy with assignments and paperworks for the sports festival that she completely forgot.

(How careless of you Hitomi) She thought.

(Well Maybe I'll finish some of these papers while waiting for the rain to stop.)

"Komi kun let's go home together"

"..." [Stare...]

"Ekk! It'S fine if you don't w-"

"Sure.."[ Hitomi husky voice ]

Shousuke got pulled by them afterwards.

"Bye Bye~(Do your best Shousuke kun)" [Hitomi's normal voice]

"Hitomi chan Are you staying for awhile? "[Yamada ]

"Ah Yes I'll finish this up for awhile"

"I see then I'll be going now bye"

"Bye"

(Now let's finish this up)

Later she finished all the papers but the rain still hasn't stopped.

(Its already almost late now I think I should call my brother since my parents are off visiting my grandparents in their hometown, They'll arrive in the morning tomorrow. )

"The number you have dialed is unattended or out of coverage please try again later"

(I couldn't reach him. D*mn what is that brother of mine doing at a time like this?.)

[Tadano kun put his phone on silent to focus studying for his upcoming exam]

All of the students are at home at a time like this too so she couldn't share umbrella with anyone and the lost and found umbrellas are also taken.She sighed.

(Guess I'll go home soaked)

She wrapped her bag in the plastic so that the papers wouldn't be drenched.

Then went running in the rain.

" Wah..Soo cold.."

(She saw an convenience store and stopped by completely drenched )

"What a heavy rain.. Do you perhaps have an umbrella available here?"

My papers might be soaked if I continue any longer.

"There is... You can choose in the rack over there" The clerk said.

She chose one and bought it. While lining up she saw Shousuke lined up too. Shousuke seems to noticed her but he didn't bother. She didn't bother greeting him either as she was embarrassed in her dripping wet appearance.

When they both got out in the convenience Hitomi simply bowed at him and opened her umbrella.

"I'll be going first Shousuke kun"

Despite being embarrassed of her appearance she still wanted to say it to respect her friend.

"Hey.." He called.

Hitomi turned at him.

"Is something the matter?" She asked.

Shousuke kun shoved his jacket to her.

"???" [She doesn't know what to react.]

"Oh.. You shouldn't have... But thanks. I'll wash it and return it tomorrow"

"See ya tomorrow Shousuke kun!"

She gladly accepted the jacket and run away slightly blushing.

( Shousuke has grown up to be a gentleman. Hitomi is proud..) She thought.

[What are you? His mom?]

.........................................................................
At Home.

"I'm Home!"

"Welcome back Hitomi-err..Why are you dripping wet?(Even though you have an umbrella?)"

Hitomi smiled at him.

"Because of you Oniichan" She showed her phone to him.

*30 missed call*

"Uh.. Sorry! My phone was silent!" He said continuously bowing his head.

"Well I was able to buy one in a convenience store but I was already wet by then."

"Sorry for that.."

"Anyway I guess it's still my fault for forgetting. Don't worry about it"

(Huh?Is it me or Hitomi seems a little different? Like her mood is slightly off? I don't know.. Must be my imagination) He thought.

[Hitomi was actually feeling proud.]

(There's quite a tiny bit of progress there. Yass.. In no time Shousuke kuns school life might brighten up! He might want to make many friends now )

"Oh? You got yourself a jacket?(It seems new and boyish?)" He noticed.

"Ah..my friend lend it"

"I see. Welp.. Tomorrow is your sports festival right? Be sure not to caught a cold"

"I won't "

In the next day she terribly caught a fever.