7 - Rewards

"Nurufufufu! I have exciting news! You'll be able to shoot off 5 tentacles thanks to your classmate!" Koro-sensei exclaimed.

"Now then, here are your papers and your results!"

You didn't have to look at any papers to know your scores.

"Y/n y/n! Let's show each other our papers at the same time," Karma said.

"Whatever you say, persistent little boy."

After counting down and turning the sheets, both faces were covered in shock.

Your papers read 100 100 100 100 100.
500/500

Karma's read 89 95 94 97 98.
469/500

You ended up ranking 1st while Karma was in 13th.

His face instantly flushed in embarrassment, disappointment even.

"L/n-san took first in all 5 subjects!! Now let's see the class results..." Koro-sensei stated.

As he pinned the poster to the board, the students stood up eagerly.

"Hey, isn't Terasaka the dumbest in the class?"

"Yeah and he's 48th."

"..."

"HOORAYY!"

"YESSSS!"

"HEY YOU GUYS DIDN'T HAVE TO CALL ME DUMB!!" Terasaka insisted.

"Nurufufufu! And with that, we'll be getting a class trip.... to Okinawa!"

Everyone cheered ecstatically except for Karma.

Instead, he walked out the classroom.

-

Karma gripped his papers in one hand while leaning against a tree.

"Karma-kun, I expected greater from you."

Koro-sensei pat his hair with his tentacle. Karma's face flushed pink.

"I hope you understand now that not everything goes the way you want it. You have to earn your rewards through hard work, in this case, studying."

Karma shoved the papers in his pocket and turned to face the octopus.

"ITS JUST NOT FAIR OKAY? Y/n just walks in with PERFECT SCORES! Everything about her is perfect! Why can't I get things the way she does? Why can't I be like y/n?"

Koro-sensei listened to the boy rant.

"Karma-kun, you'll understand one day, but y/n's life is not perfect. No one's life is perfect. She struggles with problems just as much as you do, maybe even more or less. You can talk to her if you'd like help studying over sum-"

"Forget it. You just don't get it."

Karma walked away from the octopus, fiddling his hands.

sigh

"Koro-senseiii you can't just say stuff like that!"